Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff's final bid for Noone was £1.2million

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
..........rising to £1.5m if they went up.

Fair play to TB for turning them down

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Deals like that could end up with match-fixing situations where you try to lose the last game or two of the season in order to pocket the £300k cash

They are very common though

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Does this mean we are no longer a selling club? I think so :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Deals like that could end up with match-fixing situations where you try to lose the last game or two of the season in order to pocket the £300k cash
I don't think that's possible in this case. Saving £300k to miss out on £40mil (or whatever it is these days) wouldn't make a lot of sense.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Shame really, anything over £1m was a good deal. Noone is ok, but that's it.

Even if that were true, it's good that other clubs know that they'll have to pay big money for any player Poyet rates. Hopefully others will have noticed the reaction to the initial bid, and the substantial sum the club could afford to turn down.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
..........rising to £1.5m if they went up.

Fair play to TB for turning them down

How many on here said we should take the 950,000, headed by Bens Grandad.Well done Tony tell Norwich to f*** off next time they come knocking with silly offers,1.5 million for Bennett was a joke .

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Sell Noone for £1.2m? - a decent offer I suppose, but when you bear in mind that we got something like £500k for the NUFC match, it puts it in perspective. Also, Noone could be the difference between us making the playoffs and just missing out, how much would that be worth potentially?

£1.2m is not all that much tbh. I'd much rather have Noone than the money, that is for sure.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It's not that great an offer seeing as we got him off Plymouth on the cheap as they were up shit creek.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
yeh agreeing with the above, palace turned down rumours of around 5-10Mill for zaha.. now thats impressive

DanSeagull

Jun 10, 2009
We dont neeeed the money anymore......

We've got padded seats at the amex dont you know :lolol:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You can't put a price on good team spirit.

Sounds like Noone is the kind of player who contributes to that spirit a lot and as such selling him might have a negative effect beyond just his playing ability.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Also saying they probably pulled out as Noone is the type of person to upset a dressing room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here