Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff's final bid for Noone was £1.2million

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
You can't put a price on good team spirit.

Sounds like Noone is the kind of player who contributes to that spirit a lot and as such selling him might have a negative effect beyond just his playing ability.
Finally, a voice of reason amid the NSC insanity :clap:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Shame really, anything over £1m was a good deal. Noone is ok, but that's it.
Selling players every time we can make a profit is hardly going to take the club anywhere is it? He's a better player with a far higher profile than when we bought him. Great attitude, still young and will improve. He brings something different to the team, whether he starts or comes off the bench and the message sent out by refusing to sell will be worth millions in future transfers as the norwichs of this world realise they can't take the piss out of us any more. Who would we have bought with that fee who could give us more than he does ffs? ??? :albion2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am amazed we did not sell but glad he stays as Nooney is a great asset all round, playing ability and team spirit

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
When Buckley get himself injured again and Kaz's form is poor you'll be grateful we still have someone like Noone on the books.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
When Buckley get himself injured again and Kaz's form is poor you'll be grateful we still have someone like Noone on the books.

Yes we need all three if we are going to be a force in this division. There are no easy games and there needs to be rotation. It seems common for clubs to have good players on the bench. Murray for instance does not always start for Palace.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
"but in my opinion do we really need the likes of noone, no way is he worth 1 million, far from it, only been in the championship for twenty odd games, and a horrible injury record to go with it"
:lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gus found out that the deal was off via a text from Nooney himself if you believe the Argus. Odd.

Why? The chairman handles the deals, I assume that Poyet obviously told Bloom his plans and let Bloom decide what was best.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I'm so pleased we kept Noone, maybe he needs shooting practice, but he is an explosive winger that terrifies defenders and draws them away from the strikers.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Why sell Noone we are not a selling club anymore under Bloom/Poyet unlike previous regimes who would have sold at a fraction of the price

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Should've sold for that I think, he is a great player and a
Joy to watch, but he isn't worth 1.2 mil, we only payed 250k for him a year ago!!!!!!

Still a great sign though, players like Jfc and Buckley won't be leaving unless silly money is involved.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If he keeps playing the same way under Gus, he will be worth much more to much better clubs. Lets hope Noone, Buckley and Lua Lua all get fit, stay fit and show their talent off for thr remainder of the season.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I think open market Noone probably isn't worth anywhere near that, but he certainly is to us. Although we've been doing well with Buckley as our only real winger, it'll be nice to have Noone and Kazenga back. If we had someone to replace him then maybe, but I'd rather we had options.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Selling players every time we can make a profit is hardly going to take the club anywhere is it? He's a better player with a far higher profile than when we bought him. Great attitude, still young and will improve. He brings something different to the team, whether he starts or comes off the bench and the message sent out by refusing to sell will be worth millions in future transfers as the norwichs of this world realise they can't take the piss out of us any more. Who would we have bought with that fee who could give us more than he does ffs? ??? :albion2:

Spot on... I must admit I was saying £1.5M min would be acceptable, but we have now (finally) sent out a message we are not push-overs in the transfer market any more...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Should've sold for that I think, he is a great player and a
Joy to watch, but he isn't worth 1.2 mil, we only payed 250k for him a year ago!!!!!!

Still a great sign though, players like Jfc and Buckley won't be leaving unless silly money is involved.

What we paid for him is irrelevant... he has been a great player in the Championship... have you been following the transfer window? Have you seen the fees that have been paid?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Why? The chairman handles the deals, I assume that Poyet obviously told Bloom his plans and let Bloom decide what was best.

If Poyet or Bloom said no deal, why wood Noone call Gus? It appears to me that the offer was accepted by Bloom and Noone said no, hence Gus was happy and so are most of us!:):clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here