Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff's final bid for Noone was £1.2million

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Should've sold for that I think, he is a great player and a
Joy to watch, but he isn't worth 1.2 mil, we only payed 250k for him a year ago!!!!!!

Still a great sign though, players like Jfc and Buckley won't be leaving unless silly money is involved.

Silly post.

You're putting a nominal transfer value (meaningless) on someone who excites, entertains and works hard - for fans and team-mates alike. He has played his part in putting bums on seats and has a crucial part to play in our continual move forwards and upwards.

If you think you know about transfer values, can you justify that, during their respective times here, Glenn Murray was FOUR TIMES the player Nicky Forster was?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
We made £500k (excluding profits from food/drink/club shop etc) from the Newcastle match, and will get 45% of the gate receipts from Anfield - a similar amount I suspect.

Noone might not be involved every game, but his early season performances were one of the main reasons we did so well.

Good player to hang on to, and another marker showing just how far we have come when we can turn down such bids.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You can't put a price on good team spirit.

Sounds like Noone is the kind of player who contributes to that spirit a lot and as such selling him might have a negative effect beyond just his playing ability.

But he is a bloody good player too, hence Mackay trying to pinch him.

Was surprised Albion-raider Paul Lambert didn't try to use the Slade-Poyet-scouted-Albion-squad for another pillage.

Great and funny thing is that on Sunday, within a couple of theads on NSC stated sources revealed that Noone would be unveiled as a Cardiff player on Monday. These contributors said their unamed source was always reliable. Utter garbage. As said at the time, those liars KNEW no more about it that any other punter i.e. zilch.

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If Poyet or Bloom said no deal, why wood Noone call Gus? It appears to me that the offer was accepted by Bloom and Noone said no, hence Gus was happy and so are most of us!:):clap:

Gus and Tony have a vision of a journey the club are going on, they have signed players who buy into this. Noone was one, if his agent wants more money for himself and his client he will get other clubs to bid for him.

I believe Gus and Tony are saying we wont stop you from improving yourself if you are offered better elsewhere good luck, but stay here and you will be part of something big, his agent is obviously aware of the clubs code and desperate to make money. Noone will probably go at the end of the season to a premership club with money and needs, good luck to him especially if it funds our squad development and the new 'Nooney'....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If Poyet or Bloom said no deal, why wood Noone call Gus? It appears to me that the offer was accepted by Bloom and Noone said no, hence Gus was happy and so are most of us!:):clap:

But the club said we turned down 2 bids for Noone, are you saying Bloom is doing one thing, and saying another ?

DEN_WSU

Jan 5, 2012
Brighton
A mate of mine had a chat with him at East Croydon station yesterday afternoon and he said he didn't want to go to Cardiff so the negotiations were called off!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
But the club said we turned down 2 bids for Noone, are you saying Bloom is doing one thing, and saying another ?

I think Bloom is saying if you think you can do better, good luck, this way he exposes agents just trying to get more money and not perhaps thinking what is best for the player long term. Gus played at the top level for many years and can try and explain to players what oputunities are avalible if you stick around and get involved with his plans.

Perhaps even the agents are trying Tony out and losing to a Poker expert

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
I'm glad he's staying. As said before he offers something different to the other wingers and football is more and more about a squad than a team. what a player is worth is completely dependant on the situation. It is not inconceivable that with a good run of games we could end up in the playoffs and if we were in the final against Cardiff would you rather he was playing for us or against us? I like Noone and think hes a great player and had a godd start to the season and if he finds that form again then we could have a very nice end to the season

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Should've sold for that I think, he is a great player and a
Joy to watch, but he isn't worth 1.2 mil, we only payed 250k for him a year ago!!!!!!

Still a great sign though, players like Jfc and Buckley won't be leaving unless silly money is involved.

I think that shows how we got a bargain. Cardiff made a good offer, but we would have had no time replace him. Why bother having to do that anyway given how good we know he can be?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here