Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff change to red

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Cardiff lose £1 million a month, if they want to stay in business they had to please the sugar daddy. If its a choice between having a club with different colour or no club I know which one I'd chose.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Thought the fans had won this battle when it was raised a month or so ago, obviously the owners don't care too much about the backlash.

Was only a month ago they posted this on their official site:

"However we have no desire to cause offence or for people to think we have no respect for the club or its history as it would appear has been suggested in various quarters including by local assembly members. We would have hoped that the significant investment made to date would have already demonstrated our good faith in that regard. Indeed, we are disappointed that anybody would think the contrary. In the light of the vociferous opposition by a number of the fans to the proposals being considered as expressed directly to our local management and through various media and other outlets, we will not proceed with the proposed change of colour and logo and the team will continue to play in blue at home for the next season with the current badge."

Cardiff to rebrand to red, as blue is

D

Deleted member 18477

BBC Sport - Cardiff Citys red rebrand to go ahead amid financial boost

so just to confirm, is the blue kit in that picture (last seasons home kit) now their away kit?

this is all hilarious, they're a laughing stock! money and success really isnt everything! tradition is also a huge part of football. i really hope the fans protest and continue to wear blue shirts in the stands forever. it would be like the liverpool owners playing a justin bieber song before a liverpool game instead of you'll never walk alone or Real Madrid playing in black at home. dear oh dear what is football coming to. thank god we have a loyal supporter in charge, simply priceless! god bless tony bloom!

edit: christ i didnt realise they lose 1 million every year? well as a fan i would still wear blue in the stands regardless of the sugar daddy and his 'plan to success'.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Can't wait to see the reaction from fans. I thought the club completely dismissed this idea a few months back? Saying the idea was met with fierce fan opposition and that it would cause an uproar?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Why not just change the badge first and then slowly introduce red, but they have gone in full on this and I personally can't believe it. It really is last chance for Cardiff, if they don't go up this year it could be another Pompey.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Really I tHink changing red for x amount of investment for further commercial benefits and therefore enabling the club to have a chance of winning things is worth doing. Its not as bad as moving to another city, changing name.

I know it's still part of the clubs and our identity but if it's for the better then do it.

I would like us to be the dolphins and was very happy with last seasons badge change back to the circle and seagull the other way round.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Thing is, no one knows if they have the money. If they have, where is it from? It's classic Asian owners buy a club cheap, make lots of promises, try to get them into the prem as cheap as possible and then as soon as they do, flog them. Oh and you can now add changing the colours to that now. Either way, if Cardiff get the money or they don't, they are a glaring example of what is wrong with football and how better screening of potential owners is needed.

I wish this had happened to Palace.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
From blue to red, from Bluebirds to Red Dragons. Crazy. If God Bless Tony Bloom suddenly announced we were going to be all red and would be changing our name to the Sealions or some such shit there would be uproar. But he wont because he's a fan like us and knows how important our identity is. The Cardiff owners are clueless.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Nope I think dolphins on the badge has a bigger appeal especially for children and I think a nickname based on your rivals isn't great. Still it's my club and so it is.

Much better to have a Seagull - at least it has a connection with Brighton & Hove - when was the last time you saw a dolphin off the coast? Or an Eagle flying around Croydon for that matter? :D

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
I remember a very long time ago when we arrived at Orient with our red change strip, only to find that Orient no longer played in blue, but had changed to red. All we could do was to borrow the Orient change strip!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The fans don't seem too bothered, some upset, others embracing it. They just care about the money coming into the club meaning they aren't going to go bust. Whether they are also lying about investing £100m remains to be seen.

Cardiff City Forum | Cardiff City Messageboard View topic - OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT
When this was first reported a few weeks a go they were certainly bothered, they were going mental, and with good cause.

Though things like this have happened before. People mentioning us changing from Dolphins to Seagulls, Leeds changing to white springs to mind as well. I wonder if people were so attatched to these things back then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here