Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff change to red

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
When this was first reported a few weeks a go they were certainly bothered, they were going mental, and with good cause.

Though things like this have happened before. People mentioning us changing from Dolphins to Seagulls, Leeds changing to white springs to mind as well. I wonder if people were so attatched to these things back then?

Read a few more threads on their board and a lot more people do seemed pissed off with it. A lot of people saying they won't buy either new kit. If they start spending money on big name signings I think all will be forgotten though

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
The real reason is because the new owner looks better in red, so when he picks himself to play up front for them next season he will look the part.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
20091211007.jpg
The real reason is because the new owner looks better in red, so when he picks himself to play up front for them next season he will look the part.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They won't care if they get promoted (flirt with relegation, however, & they'll blame it all on the kit change).

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Nothing sums up my attitude to non fans buying football clubs better than this.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Tell Man City blue is unlucky after the last few mins of the season we just had!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Have the new owners actually paid off any of the debt or is it just a promise to pay the debt ?. sounds to me as though they could renege on that too leaving cardiff well in the mire if they do not get promoted soon .

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Oh look the Malaysian national team wear yellow & the 2nd kit is blue... Isn't that unlucky? Japan wear blue. What a load of old tosh. Bayern play in red. Didn't exactly prove to be lucky for them a couple of weeks ago???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What's interesting is to see what the fans of the other Welsh clubs think. Cardiff have basically hijacked the national identity as their own club identity. In addition, the welsh rugby shirt which unites that country is now going to become very similar to a Cardiff City shirt.

I think leaving the bluebird on the badge is pitiful. Have they learned nothing from the MK "Dons" fiasco. If you're going to move on then move on fully, don't move on a bit.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Bristol City are just 20 miles down the road. They play I'm red, why didn't he just buy them? Added bonus of not having to spend excessive time in Wales either

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It'll soon change back when the owner gets bored of his play thing.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think they would have been better off going retro, and changing to their original 1899 strip...

cardiff_city_1899-1908.gif

Or maybe not.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I struggle to see how Cardiff see themselves as unlucky. They've consistently competed at the top end of the Championship in the last few seasons which, for a club of their size and given their history, is about right.

The whole red kit thing looks set to make a big deal out of nothing if you ask me. I'd hate it if my club did something similar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here