Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cappelo to leave after Euro 2012

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And if by chance we win the competition or at the very least our team play to their full potential, we will look bloody stupid when Capello goes and, on the back of a red top press campaign, we appoint some useless English coach just to satisfy the xenophobes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And if by chance we win the competition or at the very least our team play to their full potential, we will look bloody stupid when Capello goes and, on the back of a red top press campaign, we appoint some useless English coach just to satisfy the xenophobes.
I wouldn't worry. That scenario is highly unlikely.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As you know I'm a very positive England fan but the last 2 games where we've played well and destroyed half decent opposition just make me wonder why we were so poor in the WC! Capello has been the best England manager for a long, long time apart from the bit where it really counted! Very annoying.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why is this news? Since he joined he has said he will go after 2012 at the end of his contract because of his age. Don't see what has changed. Fingers crossed Redknapp is no where near the job though

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
xenophobes...

I want an English coach whats wrong with that.

No other top nation has a coach from another country and pays them 5 times more than anyone else.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Hodgson for me. Only other person I would consider would be Stuart Pearce, talk about passion!!

Stuart Pearce should be nowhere near the job! I like the bloke but christ on a bike he's not the next England manager. Don't understand the whole he has to be English thing, as long as he's the best man for the job, what does it matter?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Give the englishman a chance i say.

Brazil would laugh at the idea of appointing a foreign coach yet we feel we have no decent coaches, absolute nonsense.
Its all about man management at that level.

You dont have to have a CV as long as your arm to be a decent international manager, people are hung up on what people have won etc...

Oct 25, 2003

Brazil would laugh at the idea of appointing a foreign coach yet we feel we have no decent coaches, absolute nonsense.

You dont have to have a CV as long as your arm to be a decent international manager, people are hung up on what people have won etc...

we don't have many good coaches/managers though do we? that's quite evident

considering the supposed might of our domestic game we have a chronic lack of individuals good enough for that type of role.....this is made even more clear when you compare us with other top level countries

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I want a winner with a capital W, that's what Barwick got us in Capello and I want someone similar next time, preferably English but this is not a necessity, Hodgson is the standout choice at the moment but I can't see him being in two years time. He'll either do very well at Liverpool and won't want to leave there or he will not do well and people then would see him as a failure.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
xenophobes...

I want an English coach whats wrong with that.

No other top nation has a coach from another country and pays them 5 times more than anyone else.

There is nothing wrong with that except if you only want an English coach to the detriment of the team!

However is there a decent English coach available?

Is the correct answer.

We talk FAR too much about passion.

How about, technique, intelligence, ability, thought, application...?

You're right. We had passion with Keegan and look where it got us!

Just to remind you that Brazil have won the world cup 5 times, Italy 4, West Germany 3 so they have a successful tradition.

As for the CV, you are right, it doesn't have to be as long as your arm but you have to demonstrate some ability and knowledge. At present there is really only one English candidate and that is Hodgson. Any others would just be pot luck.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Anyone heard of the german coach prior to the world cup ?
What had he done... he would have laughed of in this country as a rubbish coach if he was english.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here