Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

capital punishment

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It worries me that someone uses this story to push their reactionary agenda.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can anyone seriously argue that ths piece of crap doesnt deserve to end up on the end of a rope ? And please , no " killing him would make us just as bad as him " type arguments, no it wouldnt.

You appear to infer that if he had killed her in a 'nice' way, or killed a pensioner, or killed another adult, then he wouldn't be worthy of the rope.

Is there an acceptable form of murder that warrants a more lenient sentence than the one you propose?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Some might, I think Timothy McVeigh did in the USA.

What if the evidence is so overwhelming, as it must have been in this case i.e who else could have done it, apart from the mother. This man is 100% guilty. Why should he not be executed? Tell me one good reason why he should NOT be executed.

RobinWooley avoids the subject, however, I will open up this question to anyone whom is vehemently opposed to capital punishment.

Please give me one good reason why this person should NOT be executed.

I can give you one reason why he should, because it may stop someone else doing a similar crime becuase of the punishment they would have to face. If it just stops one killing then would it not be worth it?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You appear to infer that if he had killed her in a 'nice' way, or killed a pensioner, or killed another adult, then he wouldn't be worthy of the rope.

Is there an acceptable form of murder that warrants a more lenient sentence than the one you propose?
Can you let me know how exactly i inferred that if he had killed her in a "nice" way,or a pensioner etc then he wouldnt be worthy of execution ? As it happens there are no acceptable forms of murder , but i would agree with an amercian style "grading" , ie murder one/two ,and an appropriate scaling of punishment.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
RobinWooley avoids the subject, however, I will open up this question to anyone whom is vehemently opposed to capital punishment.

I can give you one reason why he should, because it may stop someone else doing a similar crime becuase of the punishment they would have to face. If it just stops one killing then would it not be worth it?
Im just waiting for someone to trot out the argument that it isnt a deterrent.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I thought I made my point ealier when I said that I saw capital punishment as state murder and that is something that I do not want comitted in my name, as a citizen of that state.

I don't agree with the idea of a "death for a death", what is that going to achieve accept more bereaved people?

Yes it MAY stop someone else from carrying out a similar act but then again it MAY NOT. That is hardly a cast-iron reason in favour of the death penalty.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I thought I made my point ealier when I said that I saw capital punishment as state murder and that is something that I do not want comitted in my name, as a citizen of that state.

I don't agree with the idea of a "death for a death", what is that going to achieve accept more bereaved people?

Yes it MAY stop someone else from carrying out a similar act but then again it MAY NOT. That is hardly a cast-iron reason in favour of the death penalty.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

But how do they know, they are not murderers. Or at least I would have hoped they would not be!

But still the great unanswered question to the anti capital punishment lobby remains unanswered.

Give me one good reason why this person should NOT be executed.

Concerning the state sponsered murder comment (whatever that means, just a vague throw away remark I guess) what is our state's army/navy/air force role if they are not killing people then. Should we not have armed forces then?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Why dont you tell us why it IS a deterent?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Concerning the state sponsered murder comment (whatever that means, just a vague throw away remark I guess) what is our state's army/navy/air force role if they are not killing people then. Should we not have armed forces then?

I see your point but I would argue that they are different situations. For the most part our armed forced go into combat to protect us or our overseas interests; if killing is a by-product of that then so be it but killing is not their sole aim.

Executing a murderer serves no purpose other than revenge.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

So if you don't like state sponsered murder, you don't think we should have an army, navy or air force then?

If it stops just one murderer from killing then it must be worth it as it has saved one more life than if we didn't have it? YES/NO?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Should we not have armed forces then?

They're not much use at the moment. They've started two wars they cant finish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here