Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

capital punishment

The sheer bruality is tearfully shocking, how?

I can't believe how this "man" can have no record?

Why does our society, seem to throw up a case like this every month or so?

Hmmmm I think even some sex offenders will take exception to what he did. After all, even Huntley wasnt safe with them was he.

Again, there is a difference with sex offenders and their individual moralities and that of a baby torturer and murderer.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
The sheer bruality is tearfully shocking, how?

I can't believe how this "man" can have no record?

Why does our society, seem to throw up a case like this every month or so?

Because sometimes people get pushed so close to the limit they just snap. Take the solicitor who got shot in Chelsea-on the surface, an educated man who lived a comfortable life. Mentally he must have been broken. Same for that banking exec that killed his 2 yr old daughter about 3-4 months ago.

No one know what it would take to push anyone over the edge.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
cat-prisoner-costume-dog-police-costume.jpg
didnt think you would miss the opportunity to demonstrate your moral superiority.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Because sometimes people get pushed so close to the limit they just snap. Take the solicitor who got shot in Chelsea-on the surface, an educated man who lived a comfortable life. Mentally he must have been broken. Same for that banking exec that killed his 2 yr old daughter about 3-4 months ago.

No one know what it would take to push anyone over the edge.

It's impossible for most people, myself included to have any sympathy with some one who can do something like this. He may have snapped but frankly that's still no excuse and anyway it seems this last act of his was part of a history of cruelty. Sorry but it's quite impossible to have any time for this fiend.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's impossible for most people, myself included to have any sympathy with some one who can do something like this. He may have snapped but frankly that's still no excuse and anyway it seems this last act of his was part of a history of cruelty. Sorry but it's quite impossible to have any time for this fiend.
Nobody's asking you to. The bloke is scum, I don't think ANYBODY is arguing against that.

But that's a lot different from insisting the state have him MURDERED.

vitusvivi

May 30, 2008
let's let him live with what he has done in misery in prison THEN he will die. So in reality you torcher him then consiquently kill him...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
There is absolutely no justification for the death penalty; however horrific the crime may be.

It is nothing more than state-sponsored murder.

Without getting to far into it. How can you be absolutely sure that you have apprehended the guilty party?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Nobody's asking you to. The bloke is scum, I don't think ANYBODY is arguing against that.

But that's a lot different from insisting the state have him MURDERED.

Yes it's ironic though, people don't want capital punishment but many would happy if he died a mysterious death in prison ! Personally I think a life of solitary confinement would be far better. Oh, I also think 'Life' should mean life and not his tariff.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008

Wasnt saying I had sympathy for him-it was in answer to LC's question as to how a man with no record could do this and why society throws an example up every so often.

I have no time for anyone that does this but understand how and why it does happen may stop another similar incident and save a child and a family untold grief.

surprised nobody has blamed thatchers policies in the eighties yet !

nothing condones this and similar crimes.

With old Thatcher's cut back of local authority budgets in the 80's Social Services took a very big hit, whether LA's should have protected this service over highways or whatever, is a debate.

Perversely to me it is also one of those services that since those times has still not been properly resourced.

Graduates are not moving into the the field, for whenever, a story like this comes out the killer gets 20 seconds of grief and then the media turns on the local social service and attacks them for not doing enough?

Basically, our local authorities don't have enough troops on the ground to stop every nutter, fiend, child molester and general knob from maiimg or killing.
Plus we don''t resouce properly the various early warning systems and mediation.

Once it was Thatcher (+ cronies) fault but this lot in power at the mo, still play the game of cutting back local expenditure even though it delivers the majority of our services and takes up only a small direct proportion of our taxes.

There I took the bait.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Yes it's ironic though, people don't want capital punishment but many would happy if he died a mysterious death in prison ! Personally I think a life of solitary confinement would be far better. Oh, I also think 'Life' should mean life and not his tariff.

That is the point. If he died a mysterious death in prison that is not the same as him being killed by the state.

I agree that a life of solitary confinement would be much better.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
There is absolutely no justification for the death penalty; however horrific the crime may be.

It is nothing more than state-sponsored murder.

Without getting to far into it. How can you be absolutely sure that you have apprehended the guilty party?

A confession by the accused.

Evidence that is so overwhelming that it impossible for it not to be anyone else other than the accused.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
How many people would confess if they knew that they would be executed?

Not many I would wager.

Some might, I think Timothy McVeigh did in the USA.

What if the evidence is so overwhelming, as it must have been in this case i.e who else could have done it, apart from the mother. This man is 100% guilty. Why should he not be executed? Tell me one good reason why he should NOT be executed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here