NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
All for one and one for all

simple

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Is it when Aston Villa, Arsenal, Brighton, Manchester United and Sunderland all win 4-1 you should bet on West Ham and Spurs drawing 4-4 because the odds will be quite good and you'll win lots of money?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Ok, here is one:

Imagine you are in a room with 3 switches. In an adjacent room there are 3 bulbs, each switch belongs to one bulb. All are off at the moment. It is impossible to see from one room to another. No help from anybody else is allowed. How can you find out which switch belongs to which bulb, if you may enter the room with the bulbs only once?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ok, here is one:

Imagine you are in a room with 3 switches. In an adjacent room there are 3 bulbs, each switch belongs to one bulb. All are off at the moment. It is impossible to see from one room to another. No help from anybody else is allowed. How can you find out which switch belongs to which bulb, if you may enter the room with the bulbs only once?

Switch one of the bulbs on, then wait a few minutes and switch it off again. Then, switch another one of the bulbs on and go into the room with the bulbs to see which one is on. While you're there, touch the remaining two bulbs to see which one is warm, and you'll know that that one goes with the first switch you used.

:thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Switch one of the bulbs on, then wait a few minutes and switch it off again. Then, switch another one of the bulbs on and go into the room with the bulbs to see which one is on. While you're there, touch the remaining two bulbs to see which one is warm, and you'll know that that one goes with the first switch you used.

:thumbsup:

yes that would work, but there is another solution...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Is there? Frutos's solution is the only one I know of...

That's what I thought and I've just realised the other solution (which the guy in my office has now told me) is a load of rubbish, I shall give him a slap.

Anyway, Frutos, it must be your turn again...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I want to know the rubbish solution

He got it off a website (I asked if anyone knew any riddles and he cheated) and it gives the answer as:

"You only need to turn on 1 switch as each switch belongs to one bulb. Walk into the other room and remove another bulb. "

which would clearly mean going back into the room again afterwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here