Northumberland
Provide the next three items in the following sequence:

O T T F F S S

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Is it possible to plant 10 trees in 5 rows of 4? If so, show me.

X
X X X X
X X
X
X X

.....it's a slow day at work

EDIT: Dammit, it didn't come out right, the X's are supposed to be in a star arrangement

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
correct.

draw a 5 point star on your page. plant a tree at each of the 5 points, and plant a tree at each of the 5 intersections, and you have 5 rows of 4.

swot.

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
Ok, here is one:

Imagine you are in a room with 3 switches. In an adjacent room there are 3 bulbs, each switch belongs to one bulb. All are off at the moment. It is impossible to see from one room to another. No help from anybody else is allowed. How can you find out which switch belongs to which bulb, if you may enter the room with the bulbs only once?

what if you turned one on fully, and another one half on (so it flickers), then when you go through you don't even need to risk burning your hand by touching them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ok, here is one:

Imagine you are in a room with 3 switches. In an adjacent room there are 3 bulbs, each switch belongs to one bulb. All are off at the moment. It is impossible to see from one room to another. No help from anybody else is allowed. How can you find out which switch belongs to which bulb, if you may enter the room with the bulbs only once?

Have you tried turning them off and on again?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can you solve this crossword riddle?

We'll get excited by ring seat (10)

No letters to help, sadly.

Yes. Seen this one before.

Anagram of WE RING SEAT
And "excited by Ring seat" implies a seat at a performance of Wanger's Ring Cycle

Answer: Wagnerites

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Yehni managed to get that one simply by saying out loud its the letters h to o and run I realised, no stroke of genius just an accident lol

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
The maker doesn't want it, the buyer doesn't use it and the user doesn't know it.

easy I know but its the best I could do lol

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Anagram of WE RING SEAT
And "excited by Ring seat" implies a seat at a performance of Wanger's Ring Cycle

Answer: Wagnerites

Ta. It's in an Inspector Morse book that the missus is reading, and she kept saying the answer is 'Devalkyries', but one that's got 11 letters, and two, it didn't make sense.

Satan, oscillate my metallic sonatas is an example of what?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here