Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we emulate Norwich next season?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
And be knocking on the door of the Premier leauge this time next year?

New stadium, bit of cash and Gus at the helm, there got to be a chance.

Skunk

Mar 27, 2011
Mid Sussex
Absolutely, if we bring some strong players in. We've shown we are capable of beating championship teams this season (Portsmouth & Watford)

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
If everything goes completely perfectly it's possible, but I'd be delighted with solid mid-table to be honest.
(IF we go up!:cool:)

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Agree, mid table next season with a big push for the top flight the following. Bloody great isn't it!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It's doable. But we would need to sign some quality. I honestly think we will and with a little rub of the green as well you never know!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Think Gus (and Bloom) would want to and feel we can but whether in reality we can is a different matter

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Did Norwich buy many other players after going up? They are flying and Bennett-gate aside, good on them.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I've not pondered how well we will do next season yet but, being a veteran of many promotions, it's easy to get carried away on how good we will do.

A solid start will see us in good stead but, if a promoted side hits a rough patch then it can be hard to halt the slide. Mind you, in Gus we trust.

We'll need a couple of experinced players at Champinship level but, with Falmer, we should now be able to get these players, players who wouldn't have come to Withers.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Absolutely, if we bring some strong players in. We've shown we are capable of beating championship teams this season (Portsmouth & Watford)

Federico Rodriguez on loan from Genoa will do for starters.........

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Did Norwich buy many other players after going up? They are flying and Bennett-gate aside, good on them.

Not many at all, basically same squad as last season bar Lansbury on loan and Fox. Also signed Jackson from Gillingham and some fella called Crofts....

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Think on. Norwich is bit of an outpost and this may sound foolish,however that is one of their strenghts. I would imagine Lambert has been able to keep the players local and focused. Brighton, being where we are is not the same.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Think on. Norwich is bit of an outpost and this may sound foolish,however that is one of their strenghts. I would imagine Lambert has been able to keep the players local and focused. Brighton, being where we are is not the same.

Not quite sure what point you are trying to make??

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Also Norwich had only just come down so already had a fairly strong team for this league. Once they had the right manager, they were on their way.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
4 quality players counts as not many does it!?

It's not a massive number of players IMHO no, we signed Ankergren, Painter, Greer, Kishishev, Sparrow, Noone, Sandaza, Barnes, Agdestein, Wood (on loan)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
We will need 6 new starting 11 players in my opinion to get us to mid table.

Interesting Marshy, so which 5 players would you retain in the starting eleven?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didnt Gus in an interview recently say that we have to be realistic and not jump up too quickly for fear of all the good work being undone so based on that I would expect that mid table will be accepted next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here