Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we emulate Norwich next season?

Think on. Norwich is bit of an outpost and this may sound foolish,however that is one of their strenghts. I would imagine Lambert has been able to keep the players local and focused. Brighton, being where we are is not the same.

I totally disagree with that. Think of the number of players we have had who have stayed loyal because they like the atmosphere at Brighton, and they and their families love the area. We are the only big club in a 30 mile radius, and we have a unique geographical location with the Downs and the sea, not to mention a new stadium with a forward-thinking chairman and manager. Not many clubs can claim to be in such a position.

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I fully expect us to be challenging at the top. Norwich aren't the first team to do this, blackpool last year, leeds this, fulham too. The way we play, the quality of gus as a manager, the commitment of the board to spend money and refuse to sell - it will be nothing like previous spells in the championship

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Gus is the key. Every player I have heard interviewed has put down their move here to Gus. New players rarely talk about The Amex (unless prompted) they are coming here hoping Gus sprinkles his magic dust on their careers. If he goes ............ could get ugly.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
blackpool never really challenged at the top, their highest position was 5th and sneaked into the playoffs with 2 games left. plus they were in the champ the previous 2 seasons.

and fulham were loaded. man city weren't hard up either when they got back to back promotions to the prem.

could be a tougher league next season too with leicester spending loads and some better sides coming down than last time.

mid table would be a great achievement

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
could be a tougher league next season too with leicester spending loads and some better sides coming down than last time.

mid table would be a great achievement

This. Norwich have had a little bit of luck with the weakness of the three premiership teams relegated the previous season leaving the Championship pretty wide open. This will probably not be the case next season, even if Blackpool are relegated they will be significantly stronger with the parachute payments. If we are promoted the most likely comparison would be with Swansea who won this league at a canter a couple of years ago and have now established themselves as a top half championship side.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I can't believe anyone would be satisfied with 4th bottom in the championship. If we 'achieve' that then that counts as abject failure in all that Poyet and Bloom are trying to achieve and an insult to all they have accomplished this year. We will probably spend money but not by the bucket load but you only have to look at how much Crofts cost Norwich. Mid table is the minimum we must achieve in order to attract better players the year after and to warrant the investment in the training facility. As for the Prem teams dropping down, they will need to hold on to their players. Wolves would certainly lose Jarvis and probably a few others. Blackpool are destined to lose their talisman, Adams and what would they be without him? If Wigan come down then they would lose Odemwingie plus Rodallaga.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'd be delighted with mid table mediocrity. A season not struggling for survival like our previous adventures in the championship would be a great achievement

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
1st - 6th ecstatic
7th - 12th very happy
13th - 19th expected and accepted
20th or lower disappointed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here