Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

can we beat Bournemouth or will we take a point ?

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
would love it if we buried them 4-0 but is that realistic or are we thinking 1-1

I think much depends on how Bournemouth approach the game. If they play their own game and come at us looking for the 3 points, then I think we will be too good for them and win 2-0. If they play as they did at Withdean and try to stop us from playing our natural game, then I would go for another 1-1 draw.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
They have to go to Rochdale on Tuesday, which won't be easy and will give us a clue as to the impact of Howe leaving.

Their new manager (Lee Bradbury) is going to have to balance his new job with his "International" duties. He has already been named as the manager of the Isle Of Wight for the Island games in the summer.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
There home record is good, but they aren't on great form and they've lost their manager. I'd take a scrappy 1-0

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think we can nick it bit as has already been said it's more to do with their attitude post Howe.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'll love it if we win it with a dodgy penalty, claim back the 2 points they owe us

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
We will beat them convincinly i have no doubt about it.

Quickfire Double

Registered Scummer
Jan 12, 2011
East Sussex
Morning Seagulls! Congratulations on a fine win at the weekend. With us failing to beat Notts County, I was pleased to see points taken off the chasing pack!!

Expect Bournemouth to drop off at a fair rate now Howe's gone. Looking at a 2 goal win for you boys...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Even though it was only 1-0, we were comfortably in control of the home game....until they were gifted a point by inept officialdom.
So...an outrageously dodgy penalty in the 93rd minute would do the trick for me.
Take 1-1 but no reason why we can't win. The timing couldn't be better, with Mr. Popular walking out on them.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
would love it if we buried them 4-0 but is that realistic or are we thinking 1-1

Only concern I have is that having lost their manager their players may raise their game. But on the evidence of the home game against them, I fancy 1-0 to us with the goal coming from a penalty (poetic justice)... To be fair if we win and win our games in hand, as someone quite rightly posted the "so called big games in March may be immaterial. Here's hoping, oh and one last thing.....Norwich p""s off, your just a little town with city status just outside Suffolk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think this is a winnable game with our current form

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I think they are ripe for the plucking & now they've lost their talisman they will drop off at an alarming rate.
Feel sorry for them given their financial restraints they can't go out & get a decent manager who will push them on. I have no malice against Bournemouth personally & wish for their long term survival both in the league & financially.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here