Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campaign to rid this board of infantile nicknames for other clubs.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon the ban should be extended to use of NSC usernames anywhere other than tinternet. I swear I was once in the Brewery Tap when one apparently mature adult addressed two other apparently mature adults thus: 'Gerbil, can I introduce you to AJ's Love Monkey'. At that point I sincerely wished that one of the holes in the rotting floorboards would crumble even further and swallow me up :lol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
One post - four pages including a large number of regulars who should know better

:fishing: of the highest order :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
It's nothing to do with being PC, by the way, I am fully supportive of any and all attempts to denigrate the likes of Pompey and Palace.

I just prefer not to do it in a manner that a toddler would consider old hat. I always imagine the users of such terms to be sitting at their keyboards tee-heeing at themselves as they type "Manure"..."it's funny because it looks a bit like Man Utd and it's Manure and manure is like poo and it's smelly haha".

I mean "Portscum". How the hell does that work, in any kind of coherent way? Oh, we stuck the word "Scum" on the end of "Port", BRILLIANT.

Edna, they call us gay poofs, now try as I might I'm struggling to make that rhyme in any way with the word "Brighton"....too many sensitive souls on here I think.....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I find it amusing, and somewhat ironic that people who are defending the right to use infantile nicknames on the basis 'they can say what they want', are telling others not to say what they want to say.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Re-read Edna's post - she's suggesting that he probably didn't mean it.

But surely when its on the board, it is then fact.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back to why we are all here, great win today, somewhat against the odds, had draw written all over it. Got me thinking (careful I hear you say) I think we already have the special ones. I'm probably not completely correct but I think that both Murray and Barnes have approx 19 between them.

Looking back, if he had more confidence I think Barnes could certainly double his tally before the end of the season. What we do need in addition to the special one is a striking coach who can instill that confidence into Ashley, and dare I suggest Glen. On their day(s) there is 40 goals between them in my books.

Jan 30, 2008
The sort of crass, pathetic nicknames that you would never say out loud, because if you did you would be (rightly) assumed to have a mental age of about 14.

So if you would never use them in company, why use them on here? Really, why would you?

The sort of things I mean are Palarse, Manure, Scumhampton, Borient, Wet Sham, Stains, Spuds and probably countless others. Frankly, it's just embarrassing. In future, anyone using these and/or others should be banned immediately and permanently. (Unless of course they are aged 14 or under).
why don't you grow up yourself and just ignore it ???

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
But Southampton ARE the Scum! It's the accepted abbreviation for the city the same as Birmingham is called Brum. By extension the name applies to the citizens; people who come from Birmingham are Brummies, people from Goole are Goolies, people from Liverpool are Scousers and people from Southampton are Scummers.

This is fact.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Are we going to get rid of all the other crap like worlds hardest animal competitions then? Or the Friday dogs in costume posts? All of which makes me cringe just as much. Or the freaks like Notters who always post every f***ing week about the title of the official match thread as if it f***ing matters, all of it makes me cringe just as much.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
There really are some miserable old ***** on here, deary me! Who the f*** cares, I think you'll find most people can act like a bit of a kid on here, then function normally in the outside world.
The people who get wound up by this obviously take all of this internet malarky far too seriously, is there really that little going on in your lives that you get wound up by "scumhampton" Really?

Theres a f***ing red X in the top right hand corner of your screen, if you're that upset try clicking on it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Whilst we're on the subject can we ban people simply quoting and typing "this" after it.

Pathetic.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
And why we are it, can we all stop thinking anything written on here actually makes someone cringe.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Reckon the ban should be extended to use of NSC usernames anywhere other than tinternet. I swear I was once in the Brewery Tap when one apparently mature adult addressed two other apparently mature adults thus: 'Gerbil, can I introduce you to AJ's Love Monkey'. At that point I sincerely wished that one of the holes in the rotting floorboards would crumble even further and swallow me up :lol:

Thats not fair ! I am quite often introduced to people as Pasty as it has been my nickname a lot longer than NSC has existed!

In the Lord Nelson on Saturday, I VERY NEARLY found myself introducing Edna Krabappel to the real Lord B.

Fortunately, I managed to restrain myself.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Totally agree with this, with the possible exception of names for Palace. Frankly I couldn't give a shit what they are called.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
So who decides?

Ive always called Southampton the Aints in the same way the New Orleans Saints were called this.... because they were rubbish. How childish was this...well even the TV commentators called them that.

However, if you want to be judge and jury and you decide what counts as puerile or not then be my guest... just dont think you have any right in future to start talking about people's rights in future.. after all you think you can decide what other people say or not you obviously dont believe in freedom of speech on what is, lets face it, a fun and sometimes peurile forum.... you'd do well in Burma...oops Myanmar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here