Cameron comes of age

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Cameron is my hero

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
and to the person who took the piss out of Hague, he is quite a formidable politician now and when he was PM absolutely wiped the floor with Blair time and time again in the commons, also Portillo is better than anyone the tories presently have and left politics too soon

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
and when he was PM absolutely wiped the floor with Blair time and time again in the commons
dave the gaffer, if you're reading, please accept my humble apologies.

In no way were your rugby prediction anything like as shit as the total bollocks written here.

Garth, that really is a most amusing crock of shit. :D

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
, also Portillo is better than anyone the tories presently have

Nowadays that may well be true.

At the time however, he was an arrogant, smug bastard, universally hated both within and outside of his own party. You say he left politics too soon, but in truth leaving politics was the making of him. Had he carried on down that path he would be an even bigger c*nt now than he was then.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Cameron has correctly identified the need for change but he is not doing enough to demonstrate what his policies are that will bring about the desired change.

He's bottling the big statements like "We aren't prepared to be the Chief Assistant to the World's Policeman" and "We intend to freeze immigration until we've sorted the backlog / mess out" that the majority of voters are waiting to hear and sign up to.

Only these sorts of moves will inspire the lazy to vote for him.

Hold your horses Pavilionaire. He has not " correctly identified the need for change." He's made a good speech and made a shambles of a political party look like they might make a decent fist of it at the next election, whenever that might be. But as Ken Clarke said last night there's been no seismic shift in public mood to get rid of Labour as yet.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
dave the gaffer, if you're reading, please accept my humble apologies.

In no way were your rugby prediction anything like as shit as the total bollocks written here.

Garth, that really is a most amusing crock of shit. :D

Did you ever listen to Hague and Blair in the commons or are you just talking from a position of total ignorance and playing up to the NSC sheep

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Did you ever listen to Hague and Blair in the commons or are you just talking from a position of total ignorance and playing up to the NSC sheep
Of course I did, you silly buffoon. :rolleyes:

I'm amazed that a simpleton such as yourself even knows who William Hague is.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
David Cameron delivered a superb tour de force speech this afternoon to come of age as a serious politician. He was a breath of fresh air after 10 years of Labour's lies, deceit, disasterous foreign policies, stealth taxes and pillaging of Pensions funds.

66 minutes of speech without an autocue or notes , well put together and reasonsed out.

Cameron is the way forward to bring the country and its undoubted talent to the fore. Cut out the red tape and bureaucracy and our every move ruled and regulated and pleasures banned and anyone who dares to rise about the mediocre taxed until their backsides bleed.

Brown get your ugly mug out of office and PDQ. Take your tired old policies and fellow Reds with you and let someone with new ideas in, you and your stinking party are finished.

Thats is all :angry:

:clap:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
There is no doubting that Hague was a good orator, Portillo certainly mellowed somewhat towards the end of his time in politics and has certainly improved since, if you look back further even the often ridiculed Michael Foot put in some impressive performances in the Commons. Regardless of your political stance you have to admire the likes of people like that, there is too much blandness in politics these days, there is also no way that any of them could be accused of being victims of spin.

I would agree that Cameron was a breath of fresh air to the Tory party (if that can be said of an Old Etonian), they certainly needed that to avoid becoming an irrelevance in British politics. However, he appears to have failed to learn from the mistakes that have kept them out of power for so long, his performance at their conference indicates to me a sharp lurch to the right, his plans for taxation are aimed squarely at the middle ground.

Last edited:

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
It'll be interesting to see how Brown gets on when (and if) he has to face a full parliamentary session starting in the next week or so. He's been able to bed in without the pressures of parliamentary scrutiny for the last three months. He didn't look very comfortable during the first few weeks when parliament was sitting. In the past, he's relied a lot on smoke and mirrors and the ability to vanish when the going got tough. That's a bit trickier when you're PM and have to face parliament every day.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And are you talking about the same Hague who was so useless they replaced him with Iain Duncan Smith?

I hope you are not referring to "Do not underestimate the determination of a quiet man" Ian Duncan Smith, who was replaced by Dracula with the fit wife even before he managed to lose an election?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I will be voting Tory this time, i voted Labour last time but am fed up with them, its not good to have a government in office for so long in my opinion.
A change is required.

Fair enough. But you have to ask yourself that, with the Tories just about extinct in the modern age, why have the LibDems made up practically ZERO ground on Labour and the Tories. Pathetic really. They should be hammering the Conservatives in the 21st Century. But they're nowhere. Waste of space. Presumably they're as malicious and masonic elsewhere in the country at local level as they are in Lewes.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Another 5 years of this dictatorship and you might as wipe 'great' from great Britain. Labour are nothing but a bunch of spin lying bunch of Muppets.

The only reason why 90% of posters vote labour on here is because they’ve not reached puberty yet so they can’t vote. Labour are dying for these pub less retards to reach puberty so they can vote as they’ll have been brain washed.

Luckily the older generation of aren’t brain washed nor been coned by this PC machine so will kick the useless pricks out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here