Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameron comes of age

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm not gonna tell anyone who to vote for, but when the election comes along, just use your vote, and register your democratic right.

I can't fathom folks who bitch and moan about society, but then don't vote, for some pathetic reason

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not gonna tell anyone who to vote for, but when the election comes along, just use your vote, and register your democratic right.

I can't fathom folks who bitch and moan about society, but then don't vote, for some pathetic reason

What if it's raining on the day, or a bit cold?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I popped home and watched the whole 66 minutes, I am a disillusioned young man who is fast losing hope for/with this country and feel disenfranchised and David gave me a glimpse of hope

Have you ever dreamed of leaving it all behind and running away to join the French Foreign Legion? Failing that you could become a goth, unless you're over 18 (it's illegal over 18 or it should be) in which case the former option. If you feel more dissenfranchised than hopeless you could always opt for Sun Myung Moon's Unification Movement aka the Moonies.

Shame of the young men today, watching David Cameron for 66 minutes...in that time one could of had the monkey spanked at least 4 times and then truly feel the country was a better place.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Shame of the young men today, watching David Cameron for 66 minutes...in that time one could of had the monkey spanked at least 4 times and then truly feel the country was a better place.

I think you missed something,

He WAS spanking the monkey WHILST watching the Cameron speach

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Its not easy to stand in front of thousands of people and speek without an aid , aotocue ot notes and rattle it all off for 66 minutes so respect for that, it was an impressive performance

How naive are you US? What's obviously happened is he's learnt the key points and key phrases by heart!!!! There wasn't a single Tory who believed him. Take it form soemone who knows, there is no way on earth any party machine will allow a politician to give a keynote speech off the top of their heads... it's tantamount to political suicide.

So please stop harping on about his amazing speech... unless you want to talk about the contents.....

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
David Camerons Blue Army

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Difficult to compare, isn't it?

Wasn't there a global slump lead by the American slump? Didn't the price of coal hole out? Etc. etc.

What is to say that the Tory govts. would be exactly the same? You are attempting to compare the 80s/90s with the current global climate.

Why do you think Gordon Brown would be better in a global crisis? Where is your evidence?

"Global" is your word not mine but there is evidence. 1) Despite repeated warnings by leading economists over the past decade that the UK would fall into recession, Brown's asute handling of the economy made sure that didn't happen. 2) He is experienced and hugely clever who's highly respected on international "stage." I have confidence in him not to be "bounced" into anything he's not sure about. And (3) Don't forget Brown was widely tipped to be a " bad thing" when he became PM. Four months on he's made a very good start and has dealt with a series mini crises ok... terror attacks, floods & foot and mouth. There's the evidence whilst your Tory boy's untested.

Just out of interest, Why? Other than using the environment as an easy way for extra taxation I don't see many policies that are genuinely environemtally friendly. The Tory policy to tax planes on emmisions rather than a flat tax seems a better way to reduce pollution to me and better than anything that Labour have come up with (and I speak as someone who has only ever voted Labour).

In my opinion none of the parties have really got to grips with the issue. Taxing plastic bags and removing VAT from energy efficient light bulbs are 2 easy examples of things that could make a difference and are easy to do but no party has seem to have picked up.

On a wider note some of the policies released for the Conservative parties look sensible (No stamp duty for first time buyers for example) Then they ruin it all by suggesting that problems in schools can be resolved by sticking Blazers on kids. Like that will work in Toxteth.

...................apart from in 2009, you want be able to buy a traditional lightbulb any more............................

London Government is passing a bill thru parliament that will either outlaw bags or tax them, I imagine the Govt of any persuasion will review this pilot.

4% of land fill is from nappies. I would also remove tax from disposable nappies that are 70% plus bio degradable.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Sainsburys deliver the items on bread trays with everything in plastic bags as well

???

Tesco's online now offer a NAKED delivery service.

This does not mean that the driver has no clothes, but that most of your shopping will not be in a carrier bag when it's delivered.

Last delivery I had contianed just 3 carrier bags, these were used to highlight the substitutions.

its a pain to unpack, but worth the effort.

Tesco's online now offer a NAKED delivery service.

This does not mean that the driver has no clothes, but that most of your shopping will not be in a carrier bag when it's delivered.

Last delivery I had contianed just 3 carrier bags, these were used to highlight the substitutions.

its a pain to unpack, but worth the effort.

we tried that and were left with 7 plastic trays until the next delivery.................

we tried Waitrose (Ocado) "if asked, the driver will take away the plastic bags"

No he bloody won't, he's late and onto the next job:rant:!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
"In this world of danger and insecurity, we need to recognise again that the old politics is failing. Yes, we've changed some things since 9/11, but we haven't changed enough. And our prime minister likes to say that nothing in Britain is broken, but I would refer him to a piece of paper which is all about the sacrifices our troops are prepared to make on our behalf - including the ultimate sacrifice - and our duties and obligations to them. It's called the Military Covenant, and Mr Brown, I believe your government has broken it."

Aren't those the lyrics to "Do they know it's Xmas?" ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here