Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameron comes of age

To put the record straight, the Labour party have done nothing for me in 10 years, nothing whatsoever, but demoralise, de motivate , patronise and tax. There is no ambition in this country under Labour, its all the lowest common denominator, they are good for the Poor ( and yes sometimes people who are poor need to look to their own actions as to why the are in the predicament they are and not just rely on that state ) and the Super Rich. The hard working middle band are easy targets and taxed till they bleed. Success is a dirty word in this country and an even dirtier word on NSC. Sometimes people are successful or strive to be successful coz they work their bollocks off over years and years doing 60 plus hours a week and passing exams with an aspiration to better themselves and this Governement puts hurdle after hurdle after hurdle in the way. It may be selfish but its time to think about whats best for me for a change.

Funny this. It is the labour Government that are supporting the Business Links, providing a wide range of business support to businesses. In London, it is a £20 million a year contract to support busnesses. In addition, we have the £9 million Manufacturing Advice Service, to improve efficiencies, processes in businesses, moving businesses to lean manufacturing. We have Supply London, assisting businesses to improve their supply chain and how they tender for contracts. We have Train to Gain, helping businesses to improve management and their workforce. We have Selective Financial Investment, a grant to improve businesses competitiveness.

We have UK Export, helping businesses to improve their access to internal markets and businesses. I could go on and on. Never b4 are so many businesses being improved and all under a Labour Government.

Last edited:

Excellent stuff, LC.

But surely - "Flippant Alert" - as the Tory right will tell you, it's better to encourage rich entrepreneurs and market forces than state aid?

Flippant aside, that right.

Only one of these projects involve a grant, the rest is guidance, assistance, advice and best practice. Plus, Training to Gain, which will arrange appropriate training providers to train, upskill staff and management, this may incur a small cost to a business, depending upon the type and level of training required.

The Uk is recognised as having one of the most thriving small business economies in the world, businesses are supported to be competitive and efficient and not reliant on state support.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Blah, blah, blah, what is it with you people peddling your facts, and reasoned argument. Can't you just rely on the Daily mail like everyone else?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Labour's record managing the economy has been good, as has its record on training and education. However, it was Ken Clark that stabilised things and handed over a well-managed economy to Brown in 1997.

Despite the polls, I don't think Cameron will do enough to win. There's already an unpleasant smugness about the Tories who realise that they're actually competitive again for the first time in years.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Blah, blah, blah, what is it with you people peddling your facts, and reasoned argument. Can't you just rely on the Daily mail like everyone else?

I am not quite sure that people who contest the fact the Conservatives can do a better job than Brown can be dismissed simply as 'Daily Mail readers'. A rather convenient phrase for those who dare to have a different opinion from the staunch Labour supporters.

I don't think a single poster on here, who is backing labour, has even addressed the failures of the last ten years, other than 'don't mention the war'.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
However, it was Ken Clark that stabilised things and handed over a well-managed economy to Brown in 1997.

Spot BLOODY on! This is a fact that very few Labour supporters are willing to accept. The vast majority seem to be in cloud cuckoo-land and believe, as if by magic, Labour hauled the country round from day one in office.

Funny this. It is the labour Government that are supporting the Business Links, providing a wide range of business support to businesses. In London, it is a £20 million a year contract to support busnesses. In addition, we have the £9 million Manufacturing Advice Service, to improve efficiencies, processes in businesses, moving businesses to lean manufacturing. We have Supply London, assisting businesses to improve their supply chain and how they tender for contracts. We have Train to Gain, helping businesses to improve management and their workforce. We have Selective Financial Investment, a grant to improve businesses competitiveness.

We have UK Export, helping businesses to improve their access to internal markets and businesses. I could go on and on. Never b4 are so many businesses being improved and all under a Labour Government.

You could also mention Crossrail that has been funded by Labour and announced today!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am not quite sure that people who contest the fact the Conservatives can do a better job than Brown can be dismissed simply as 'Daily Mail readers'. A rather convenient phrase for those who dare to have a different opinion from the staunch Labour supporters.

I accept that 'everyone else' was unjust. Sorry BoF.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One things for sure - there are a damn sight more civil servants than there were years ago after Maggie wielded the axe.

I don't think a single poster on here, who is backing labour, has even addressed the failures of the last ten years, other than 'don't mention the war'.

Yes Labour has had some failures in the last ten years, I have always voted Labour, but alas now for me they are not left wing enough. They have even privatised the London Underground.
For me both parties are very similar now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... it is a £20 million a year contract to support busnesses. In addition, we have the £9 million Manufacturing Advice Service, to improve efficiencies, processes in businesses, moving businesses to lean manufacturing....

meaninglless amounts of money in the scheme of things yet also the problem. 10 million here 20million there, on silly bureaucratic bodies that spend substantial amounts of the funding on offices and staff.

You could also mention Crossrail that has been funded by Labour and announced today!

you shouldnt mention it, they have forced PRIVATE companies to fund before stumping up any public money. it not been funded by "Labour". its being funded by us the tax payer and private companies. its its 20 bloody years in the planning due to dithering of the politians.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

appreciated, we can all get a bit hot under the collar re politics but we love it don't we :D

Yes we can, I often have my soap box taken away from me at work!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Spot BLOODY on! This is a fact that very few Labour supporters are willing to accept. The vast majority seem to be in cloud cuckoo-land and believe, as if by magic, Labour hauled the country round from day one in office.

Bang On BOF, the new Labour government were handed the best economy in place of any receiving government , Brown got lucky with the handing over of interest rates to the Bank which was a good call and took politics out of interest rates and also the best Worldwide economic conditions for a generation, he was a lucky chancellor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here