Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameron comes of age

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
First and foremost, it was WOMEN that got themselves the vote! An achievement helped by the First World War when many women took jobs formerly held by the men now away fighting. The contribution that women made to society and the war effort was eventually recognised by the Government although only partial enfranchisement was awarded in 1918.

As for the the Pankhursts, Emmeline was a member of the Independent Labour party (thus certainly not a rabid Tory!) and her daughter Sylvia was a communist.

I was being a bit Flippant Roz

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You bring up the minimum wage and when you are shot down in flames because you suddenly realsie it was Labour that brought it in, you say regardless who brought it in.
It wouldn't have been brought if the Tories had been in charge, not one of them voted for it in 1997.

check the thread I did not bring up the minimum wage at all someone else did, your whole argument is based on what you believe to be true and what has happened and not based on real events and this proves it

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
SSS

Are you either

1. A Student
2. A Civil Servant
3. On state benefits
4. On low earnings

I am not bothered what you think quite frankly

I don't think you are bothered what you think either as you come up with incredibly incorrect facts in your arguments about this subject. You make stupid statements that are easily shot down in flames. Why not do some research before typing?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sad fact of life, any party will tell you what you what to hear but rarely do they actually do it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
anyway I have huge respect for Ed, Roz, Tom Hark who are strong Labour people and will not fall out with them, I am just explaining why I personally want a change, other people who cannot argue their case without personal insults aren't worth debating with

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
anyway I have huge respect for Ed, Roz, Tom Hark who are strong Labour people and will not fall out with them, I am just explaining why I personally want a change, other people who cannot argue their case without personal insults aren't worth debating with
But your arguments for change are based on half-truths, misunderstandings and incorrect 'facts', which makes me wonder why you actually want a change.

Is it because you have moved the focus of your ire from Wilkins to Brown?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
people who cannot argue their case without personal insults aren't worth debating with
That's so very true - and a quite beautiful sentiment.

*tries not to think about everyone who didn't like a film being labelled a "holocaust denier" by dear old NSC stalwart Garth*
*fails*

check the thread I did not bring up the minimum wage at all someone else did, your whole argument is based on what you believe to be true and what has happened and not based on real events and this proves it

Yes are correct you didn not mention the minimum wage first someone else did.
But my argument about the minimum wage is about facts and not my opinion.

Please look at this link to see who actually supported the minimum wage in 1997:

http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/division.php?date=1997-12-16&number=120

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

SSS

Are you either

1. A Student
2. A Civil Servant
3. On state benefits
4. On low earnings

1. No.
2. Yes if you still call Royal Mail the Civil Service, it lost it's Civil Service status as the GPO in 1969 and was transferred to corporation status and called The Post Office.
3. No and never have been.
4. No.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

I apologise for calling you an imbecile then. But your half fact based arguments wound me up, but I shouldn't use insults.

The tories did vote against the NMW, but they changed their mind about it after it was set at a comparitively low level.

Yes that may be true, but do you honestly think that if the Tories had stayed in power to this date we would have the minimum wage now?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That's so very true - and a quite beautiful sentiment.

*tries not to think about everyone who didn't like a film being labelled a "holocaust denier" by dear old NSC stalwart Garth*
*fails*

for god sake Colin how many more bloody times, I pm'd you about this, I would responding to severe provocation , have you never reacted to anything in your life, you must be such a perfect person

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But your arguments for change are based on half-truths, misunderstandings and incorrect 'facts', which makes me wonder why you actually want a change.

Is it because you have moved the focus of your ire from Wilkins to Brown?

Brown is in my sights for the time being Al but Wilkins has not been entirely let off the hook yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here