Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calling all disgruntled lager Drinkers - Get Kronenbourg served again at the Amex

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This beer snobery is really rather dull and incredibly predictable. Btw i work in the drinks industry and do prefer ale to lager but i cannot work out why ale drinkers feel the need to always have a pop at lager drinkers.

I drink both but I can't understand why people drink rubbish lager. Glad to see that some pubs are starting to give lager drinkers more choice. I had a lovely pint of lager on Saturday, some London brewery.

Lager drinkers I think by nature are more conservative, but pubs need to start offering a choice.

Southern Toon

Aug 6, 2010
Heineken uk ( Formerly Scottish & Newcastle ) have the pouring rights to the amex stadium, their main uk brands are Fosters, Kronenburg, Strongbow & John Smiths which they own. There would less profit & brand awareness in it for Heineken if they sold other brewers products so i cant see that happening. As regards an alternate cider Scrumpy Jack is one of their brands.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Heineken uk ( Formerly Scottish & Newcastle ) have the pouring rights to the amex stadium, their main uk brands are Fosters, Kronenburg, Strongbow & John Smiths which they own. There would less profit & brand awareness in it for Heineken if they sold other brewers products so i cant see that happening. As regards an alternate cider Scrumpy Jack is one of their brands.

Yes but they don't have exclusive rights. Harvey's & Dark Star.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Heineken uk ( Formerly Scottish & Newcastle ) have the pouring rights to the amex stadium, their main uk brands are Fosters, Kronenburg, Strongbow & John Smiths which they own.

irony here is Heineken is better than either Kronenburg or Fosters. they also own a whole bunch of Czech brands i see, seem to be missing a trick introducing some new brands to a progressive customer base.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This x 1,000,000

Quite, but for me it wouldn't be those on offer. Even the cheapest Spanish lager is better.

On the subject of cheap Spanish lager I note that Cruz Campo is being offered as something premium and exotic in Oddbins.

I still bought some, it miles better than Heineken. How does anyone drink that ?

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
irony here is Heineken is better than either Kronenburg or Fosters. they also own a whole bunch of Czech brands i see, seem to be missing a trick introducing some new brands to a progressive customer base.

I'm more a Harvey's man but Heineken is weak shite and Krony is only slightly better. As for fosters, I wouldn't throw it on myself if I was on fire.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I was only messing mate.

Love a pint of ale, but nothing beats a nice cold lager in the sunshine (or when on holiday)

Agreed. But why would anyone prefer Fosters to Kronenberg?!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Can't we lobby the club to put the prices back down aswell. It feels like we've gone from a Sussex family club to Arsenal in 10weeks!!! #pricestoohigh

Can't do any harm but the truth is I'm sure the majority of people will just pay the new higher prices and as a result the club will feel the increase was justified.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
So the large one say if enough people want it back the catering company may concider it.

So let them know! :drink::drink::drink:

elliott.moore@azure.uk.com

Catering improved - Page 6

Done.

Maybe worth pointing out that as well as the Club losing revenue from lost sales, it will mean more congestion before/after games as those of us who have now chosen to drink elsewhere will arrive later/leave earlier.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I drink both but I can't understand why people drink rubbish lager. Glad to see that some pubs are starting to give lager drinkers more choice. I had a lovely pint of lager on Saturday, some London brewery.

Very much this.

And Fosters is a very odd choice. How many people actually have this cooking lager as their first choice? I cannot actually think of any pubs where I have seen it. In fact, the only place I have seen it is piled high and very cheap in Tesco.

Further, I really do not buy this idea that Kronenbourg has been taken off due to poor sales. Bozza makes a valid point in that Azure cannot have any meaningful demand figures. My view is the amount they have left is more down to their inadequacies than custom.

I will also draw a distinction between the staff I have met, spoken to and dealt with. The staff seem to be doing the best they can in very difficult circumstances...my annoyance is directed at the clowns at the top.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here