Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calling all disgruntled lager Drinkers - Get Kronenbourg served again at the Amex

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm a pale ale drinker when I do have a beer (which is not when I have a 4 hour drive home sadly) but I wouldn't see too many issues with putting a premium lager on an extended run so that several bar areas can share a single cellar and thereby reduce wastage - not sure I would do it in every area (not in south or east for example where sales are going to be lowest). The real problem is the length of the run as you risk losing everything that is in the pipes after your final sale. You could have a small keg in each bar and then transfer unused stock to Dick's Bar but that is unlikely to work in all honesty so the best bet is probably a shared cellar and knock it off at or after half time hoping that whatever is in the line at that point can be sold after the match and accept that you will maybe run out and have people moaning. Bit of a "heads you win and tails you lose" in terms of customer complaints?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Each to their own. I happen to think most real ale tastes like dirty dishwater.

Choice is fine, but Fosters is my first choice and my local sells it. Why do all the beer snobs have to try and spoil it for the Fosters fans?

Definitely these.
Don't normal blokes turn up, get a couple of pints down their necks (whatever they fancy of what's on offer) then watch the football.
Without having to worry about drinking something that makes them feel superior.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Definitely these.
Don't normal blokes turn up, get a couple of pints down their necks (whatever they fancy of what's on offer) then watch the football.
Without having to worry about drinking something that makes them feel superior.

Market research is needed now that we have 27,000 to discover theit habits. The club has given the fans a fantastic ground breaking policy of the ability to turn up early and stay late, in multiple bars and restaurants with no alternatives close by, in effect a captive audience. So adjust to the fans needs for this season and see if it works. I wonder now we are in season 2 how many go to a pub of their choice before and after rather than use the Amex. In my view a choice is needed of premium and basic beer. I know NSC is market research but they dont all post on it.
Why has 1901 got premium beers that does not seem right to me, if the better beers are in the stadium, sell them.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I cannot see why people enjoy Kronebourg it has a horrible after taste and there are many better out there. Why dont we get something different and interesting in along the Brewdog lines.

Id still stick with my Harveys though.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Market research is needed now that we have 27,000 to discover theit habits. The club has given the fans a fantastic ground breaking policy of the ability to turn up early and stay late, in multiple bars and restaurants with no alternatives close by, in effect a captive audience. So adjust to the fans needs for this season and see if it works. I wonder now we are in season 2 how many go to a pub of their choice before and after rather than use the Amex. In my view a choice is needed of premium and basic beer. I know NSC is market research but they dont all post on it.
Why has 1901 got premium beers that does not seem right to me, if the better beers are in the stadium, sell them.

I think the theory is that keeping the premium beers to certain exclusive sales points reinforces the national branding policy for the beer. I don't agree with this, and I don't know if it's the case in the AMEX, but apparantly it happens.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think the theory is that keeping the premium beers to certain exclusive sales points reinforces the national branding policy for the beer. I don't agree with this, and I don't know if it's the case in the AMEX, but apparantly it happens.

I totally get 1901 and understand why it costs more for it, but not to get exclusive beer, if they can drink krug champagne up there then fine. If they have peroni I will not be happy.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm a pale ale drinker when I do have a beer (which is not when I have a 4 hour drive home sadly) but I wouldn't see too many issues with putting a premium lager on an extended run so that several bar areas can share a single cellar and thereby reduce wastage - not sure I would do it in every area (not in south or east for example where sales are going to be lowest). The real problem is the length of the run as you risk losing everything that is in the pipes after your final sale. You could have a small keg in each bar and then transfer unused stock to Dick's Bar but that is unlikely to work in all honesty so the best bet is probably a shared cellar and knock it off at or after half time hoping that whatever is in the line at that point can be sold after the match and accept that you will maybe run out and have people moaning. Bit of a "heads you win and tails you lose" in terms of customer complaints?

What are you on? there are about 8,000 people in the East compared to about 2,000 in the North and 5 people in the South..

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Don't know what you lager drinkers are complaining about...at least you can get a Lager...albeit not one of your choice....you try anywhere in the Stadium...including 1901 lounges to get a Guinness or Murphys or a Stout (Harveys does a nice bottled Stout)....not everybody likes lager...im my 55 years of following Albion I've been to many grounds over the country and most clubs sell a heavy beer.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I cannot see why people enjoy Kronebourg it has a horrible after taste and there are many better out there. Why dont we get something different and interesting in along the Brewdog lines.

Id still stick with my Harveys though.

Kronenbourg is not the greatest but it is premium and a damn site better than Fosters... The argument is over premium beer, in my view, rather than about Kronenbourg.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

thats bollox, premium beer is sold at EVERY pub not only exclusive ones.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I totally get 1901 and understand why it costs more for it, but not to get exclusive beer, if they can drink krug champagne up there then fine. If they have peroni I will not be happy.

The way people on here moan about the price rises, there is no way they will want Peroni on sale...

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Make sure you take a couple of minutes to send an e-mail otherwise this is all a waste of time.

This. Has anyone else sent an email to Azure? I can't believe that a huge amount of people have and they have picked me out of the thousands to want to talk to about it!
Email Azure now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here