Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

calderon

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Not true, IMHO. He never actually turned down our offer, but he refused to accept it in the given timeframe. We are now even further outside of that timeframe, so there's no way Gus would accept him signing on those same terms. Won't happen.

Would be good to have him back

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I always thought Pete Smith was a sound bloke; irrespective of his level of ability. Moralee in the other hand (who to be fair doesn't mention Brighton on their web site).........................

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i know someone who knows pete smith... said he was a nice bloke. just thought i'd chip in with this useless contribution

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
I would LOVE it if he had no club, how i'd laugh.
And no i wouldn't want him back.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Now he's the MD of a company of football agents, he's taken the title of oxygen thief to a whole new level.

Anyone who moans about Murray should see what this twat was capable of...

It was a bit before my time though I vaguely remember him, can you enlighten then younger amongst us?

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
Moralee - floppy haired waste od space who thought he was better than he was
Smith - gave his all, combatitive, lanky attacking defender before they were fashionable and (up to now) a nice bloke
Emblem - had some good touches about him but never really lived up to expectations.

For me, I'd take Calderon back and look at the bigger picture once the dust had settled.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
MESSAGE TO CALDERON
You may never read this,however if you you did.....!
If for some reason you don't sign for Southampton......as seen on NSC you have a chance to return to the fold....we all (most ) still want you playing for us ,Gus included !..........there is a small window of forgiveness .....don't miss it !!!!!!!!!!!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Moralee himself had a very clever agent. Watford spent money on Moralee and then realised their mistake. After this, every club who signed the duffer were convinced that he would recover his form as he played through injuries at his previous club. Of course he never did and he's remembered by all supporters of his clubs as useless and a player who was never more than a Ryman Leaguer. Brian Horton's worst signing.
His company don't seem to have given Calderon the best advice in a time of recession.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I find it a bit harsh on calderon as agents seem to brain wash players:angry:

Not all footballers are stupid, and I fail to believe the average one gets completely taken in by their agent. Don't let the players off the hook here.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It was a bit before my time though I vaguely remember him, can you enlighten then younger amongst us?

Moralee didn't so much as spend 90% of the time offside, more a case of playing sweeper for the opposition.

As DT points out, he thought he was decent, anyone who saw him thought he was one of the worst players to don the stripes, which considering what we were going through and who we had on offer, was some achievement!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
See Paul Emblem is on their staff too!

With so many ex- Brighton players you would have thought..... forget that, we probably shafted them all at some point :facepalm:

Amazing what being a crap footballer gets you, isn't it? Perhaps as a civil servant currently on a break I could set up an agency to re-employ all the civil servants who will probably get the sack.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He also played the entire season upfront and barely scored. I remember one at 'home' to Mansfield when he just about got a touch to flick it into the net and another at Plymouth when the keeper hit it against his arse and it rebounded in. I think that might have been it though, which is a disgrace for a striker!

Agreed was an absolute shite player who just never looked bothered was only famous because he went out with Daniella Westbrook.
Says it all really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here