Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

calderon

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I hear what you are saying but..........

If it was announced that Calderon had signed a 3 year contract with us, I would be one happy chappy. Probably shouldn't but I just would!

Yep me too
and it might add to his once cult status

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The ONLY way Calde could come back is for him to PUBLICLY apologise to Gus, tell his agent to FCUK OFF, and beg... would love him to come back tho'...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The ONLY way Calde could come back is for him to PUBLICLY apologise to Gus, tell his agent to FCUK OFF, and beg... would love him to come back tho'...

Me too.

If Inigo is now prepared to accept the final offer that Gus made (same cash, same terms, nothing else) then Gus can sign him and not lose face.

Not true, IMHO. He never actually turned down our offer, but he refused to accept it in the given timeframe. We are now even further outside of that timeframe, so there's no way Gus would accept him signing on those same terms. Won't happen.

Yoda

English & European
Inigo did not fcuk up, it was his agent that fcuked up, end of.

If Inigo is now prepared to accept the final offer that Gus made (same cash, same terms, nothing else) then Gus can sign him and not lose face.

Business, and football, is about doing deals, not having precious scores to settle.

Sign him on the original offer, and we all move on, towards the top four.

Life's too short for "but he might do it again...."

If I was Gus, I would offer less cash as to say "It was your f##k up, reap what you sow".

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder what both Gus and our reaction would be if he sacked his agent and then approached Poyet as an individual and said I will deal with this myself. I would accept that as an apology and would be prepared to sign him but would Gus.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I wonder what both Gus and our reaction would be if he sacked his agent and then approached Poyet as an individual and said I will deal with this myself. I would accept that as an apology and would be prepared to sign him but would Gus.

No. Too late. He owes Gus and our club for giving him the chance in English football.

He's a decent right back, but there are others equal or better.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Get him back sharpish, get him to make some media cocked apology and away we go, excellent right back at our level and an asset to the team.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He's obviously taken some really bad advice from his agent(Peter Smith?) and now its potentially going to come back and bite him on the bum.
Gus said the contract offer had been withdrawn and he definitely would not be an Albion player next season. I don't think he will go back on this, he doesn't strike me as that kind of man.
Calderon will get other offers and will eventually sign one of those, but it won't be with us - get over it and move on.......

Meet the Team | Directors - Jamie Moralee & Pete Smith | New Era Global Sports Management

Jamie Moralee is MD of his management company. Jamie f***ing Moralee.

jamie-moralee.jpg

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I find it a bit harsh on calderon as agents seem to brain wash players:angry:
I would be very happy to see him return and deep down i think he likes it here.:thumbsup:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Is his agent Peter Smith?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Pete Smith - Director / Player Agent Licensed by FA

Pete was a former professional footballer spending 6 years at Brighton Football Club before playing semi-pro for Woking, Grays Athletic and Canvey Island.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here