Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon Signs!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
"I am delighted Calde has repaid our faith we showed in him and signed his new deal, and as far as I am concerned that is all in the past now"

:clap2:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I just cant stop smiling today (even though I've just been quoted 400 quid for the car service!)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
"3 year deal" may be the key here - along with the fact that he clearly loved/loves playing for Gus and at The Albion.

Great, great news - Painter/Calderon the best left and right back in the Division bar none.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Southampton target Inigo Calderon signs new deal at Brighton From Daily Echo)

SAINTS have missed out on signing right back Inigo Calderon.

In a surprise U-turn, the Spaniard has put pen to paper on a new three-year deal at The Withdean after turning down a more lucrative offer from Saints.

Last month, Seagulls boss Gus Poyet had said the player had no future at Brighton after turning down a new contract offer amid interest from Alan Pardew.

Calderon today said: "I think it would have been two years with Southampton. We were still sorting out the terms.

“The money they were offering was better than Brighton. Of course, that is important, but my feelings were for Brighton."

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Great news. But is he going to be fit for the start of the season or not?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought one of these articles that have been posted/linked mentioned he was already fit?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I thought one of these articles that have been posted/linked mentioned he was already fit?
He said he is on the offical site.

And of course he said he's run 15 minutes/miles/metres on his facebook. :lol:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Interesting about the clause considering he goes on to say hoping to fully fit for preseason

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
to be honest, i think this shows that gus, although a man with strong principles, isn't a man that is so stubborn that it can have a negetive impact on the side

The Alexis Bertin issue springs to mind to a degree

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I punched the air with delight when saw the news on teamtalk. as i have been checking every day as Poyet said expects to sign some players in this week, but NEVER expected it to be the God Calderon.
Haha Southampton.
2 Very good signings so far then Painter and Calderon just a shame with Crofts but i believe good business in his i heard £300,000 when we got him on a free and is a worker midfielder but i believe he is very replaceable, as never made it at Gillingham really.
Role on next season now.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Ernest Whing had one good season, at start of last year he was dreadful and Calderon is miles different player, he looks good in defence, good on the ball which Whing isnt and likes to get forward, this is more Poyets type of style whilst Whing is your basic defender which we trying not to be anymore, whing liked to hit the ball long.
Also i much prefer us to sign English players or british if possible but if a foreign player comes in and is quality and cares for the club, which Calderon seems to do, perfect.
Thats why i was sooo surprised as i was at the last game of year at withdean and Calderon was clapping hands with fans and looking happy, next day was informed he was leaving. thought was wierd.
Now all makes sense that he just wanted chance to listen to Southampton.
fair enough.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here