Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon latest ?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I am worried in this large shift in Tanno support in the wake of Calde's mystery absence. Yes, he played well on Tuesday night, but I really don't understand why Gus and Greer believe that replacing him with Vincelot contributed to the three goal collapse? From where I was, most of Palace's attacks were going down our left side against Painter, not the right. We were playing awfully after 20 minutes, not after 60.

Absolutely agree with this 100% - they were all over out left side and nor did we create or attempt to create much going forward on the right - no disrespect to Tanno he did a job better than many but the whole thing (Calderon out Vincelot not in) leaves me a bit bewildered.

Wonder if the team announcement today will make sense of it?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
He had a go on Gus`s wife on monday night ,but Gus has forgiven him he is playing today.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sounded like an anti-Scannel device (tactical change because of a surmised danger). Did not want Scannel to cut in from the left and shoot with his better right foot ???

I was thinking this. But it would be easier to not let Scannel get the ball in the first place. At least that is the easiest way to stop Lua lua.

PS: It might have better if Chopra had not cut in and shot and scored with his right foot twice.

But is still goes it is better to stop the supply first and the midfield formation and player choice was wrong for this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here