Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C Palace 11,865........Crawley 2,862

salako

Banned
Sep 29, 2011
Brovian are you sure you're not a Palace fan? It doesn't matter what you actually think - you're not supposed to support their arguments! I would like to think that we'd get more than 9k home fans for a latter stages Carling Cup round game, no matter how many weeks, years or decades we've been at the Amex at that point. Do you really have so little faith in our club's support?

i don't have much faith in it
considering you struggled to make 7k last season all this talk of great support is very funny
if you have such great support where have they all been the last few years

one thought though, i bet those loyal fans didn't make a habit of walking out before the end

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sorry, I'm not explaining myself very well and I'd understand it if you don't quite get my point.

LOL, I do get your point. We've had some pretty dark days down the years, and yes there were certainly times when they could have been our rivals, and that could have ended up with us being the smaller relation by now. That is a frightening thought, and wouldn't take much of a re-write of our history for it to have been the case.

But, it wasn't the case. Therefore they are a Sussex team who had some seriously dodgy owners that nearly cost them their club. They took a gamble last season spending big money for the standard of football, and I believe I stated on here that I thought it was madness and wouldn't last. So far, they've proved me wrong, but it's still hard to see them as anything other than the latest Rushden & Diamonds in that the money from their backer(s) is taking them to the very limit (and soon beyond?) of what the level of interest locally will sustain for them. They could therefore tumble back as fast as they have risen, but because of how our last few years have turned out, they are not a team I view as a rival, and we seem well enough set now, that I can't see it ever being anything other than a very short-lived thing if we do ever meet in teh League.

That being the case, I'm not down on them, and just see them as a small club, who have come through some very difficult times, and are now enjoying their day in the sun. So, on that basis, good luck to them.

Meanwhile, some Albion fans on here have suddenly become very condescending of other teams attendances, which was not really something we made a fuss about 2 years back when playing in front of pathetic and dwindling attendances while MA was delivering the fayre.

bring_zamora_home

Mar 16, 2011
What a load of rubbish

In a word - yes! At the end of the day Brighton fans are no better or worse than those of any other club, including Palace and I still remember how quickly the novelty wore off when we reached the old 1st division. I'm pretty sure it won't go back to Withdean levels mind, but it WAS 'just' the Carling Cup, and latter stages or not don't underestimate the amount of antipathy there is to the competition. When we were playing Liverpool there were quite a few, more than a few, saying the result "didn't matter"!

That's bullshit we have always had good support and are known for it even at withdean when we wasn't doing very well it was still more then 80% full

bring_zamora_home

Mar 16, 2011
i don't have much faith in it
considering you struggled to make 7k last season all this talk of great support is very funny

one thought though, i bet those loyal fans didn't make a habit of walking out before the end

How can we get more the 7k in last few yard when ground only holds that

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
That's bullshit we have always had good support and are known for it even at withdean when we wasn't doing very well it was still more then 80% full

What the f*** do percentages odf capacity mean.Are you another one who would rather have 9000 in a 10000 capacity rather than 17000 in a 20000 capacity.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
considering you struggled to make 7k last season

This sentence is quite THICK. Especially seeing as we SOLD OUT our 7k home stands quite a few times. Still, worth a try eh?

Whether newish fans or diehards, we clearly have a BIGGER fanbase than Palace. Get over it. Focus on the fact you are above us in the league temporarily.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would you rather be 4th in the league or have 20,000 fans every week?
This is an easy one - I'd rather have 20,000 fans every week. Whichever league position you choose, it's not guaranteed it's temporary. I'd rather be in the league below with 20,000 every week (than 4th with 12k every week), that's a real sign of future prospects.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:facepalm:
I guess you never went to the withdean then, because the south stand always empied as people moved down towards the pitch, and many watched the final whistle from the corner as they were preparing to head off.
What the f*** do percentages odf capacity mean.
When looking at the attendance at Withdean, percentages mean a lot. When you sell out, you still don't get 100% of people turning up, so people are sick on the day, get called to work, have transport issues etc. Using the Withdean as an example of us only having 7k turn up is pretty stupid isn't it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You chaps heard of Quality not Quantity?? we only had 2.5k at Falmer and outsung you most of the game
No you didn't :facepalm:
Sure you're on the up now with high attendances but you have pay monthly season ticket holders at £30 ish pcm with at least 10k plastics and kiddies, they will all melt away once the bubble has burst:D even with a nice ground.
You get posts like this, and then others wondering why people are still going on about attendance.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Whether newish fans or diehards, we clearly have a BIGGER fanbase than Palace. Get over it. Focus on the fact you are above us in the league temporarily.
Do you really believe that? Really?
When you reached the play off final to make the top division in 1991 you didn't average 10k.But then again the Goldstone was a real football ground and didn't suit the type of people who have jumped on the band wagon for a season or two.
Right that's it I've won this argument so I am off now.
Bye bye.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do you really believe that? Really?
When you reached the play off final to make the top division in 1991 you didn't average 10k.But then again the Goldstone was a real football ground and didn't suit the type of people who have jumped on the band wagon for a season or two.
Right that's it I've won this argument so I am off now.
Bye bye.

I'm quite clearly not talking about 1991. I'm talking about now. As it stands currently, we have a bigger fanbase than you.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No, we haven't always had good support, it has always fluctuated: bigger crowds when the team are doing well, smaller crowds when they're doing badly, the same as every other club. And no, the atmosphere at Withdean was invariably shit, even if it was 80% full.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Are we going to have an attendance thread EVERY time Palace and to a lesser extent Crawley play? f***ing hell :facepalm:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A good turnout at Selhurst last night , most will have decided to go on Saturday for a tenner and spend the difference they've saved on a couple of 2 litre bottles of Diamond White which will keep them going until the next giro arrives.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
They HAVE to keep going on about attendances and their new ground as it's all they've got left.

They all thought that this was the season when they'll become the bigger club. They all thought they'd win at the Amex and that they'd be ten points ahead of poor old Palace by now.

It hasn't happened, we're still bigger and we're still better - and we're only going to improve as the next wave of palace wonder kids get older. Look at Zaha, only just 18 and he's probably the best player in the League. Williams only just 17, and he's not far behind. Clyne is the best full back at 18 and Scannell is bloody good too. Not even mentioning Freedman who looks to be a bloody genius of a manager, far better than that whiny twat Gustavo.

Go on about attendances all you want, but you've got to admit... The future looks bloody brilliant for us. Worst case scenario, we sell all our young talent in two years and pocket £30million, while still being in the Championship.

Say what you want about cheating to get the Premiership last time, blah blah blah, this time we're doing it in style, and we're winning with a team of kids (the same ones who trashed you).

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
They HAVE to keep going on about attendances and their new ground as it's all they've got left.

They all thought that this was the season when they'll become the bigger club. They all thought they'd win at the Amex and that they'd be ten points ahead of poor old Palace by now.

It hasn't happened, we're still bigger and we're still better - and we're only going to improve as the next wave of palace wonder kids get older. Look at Zaha, only just 18 and he's probably the best player in the League. Williams only just 17, and he's not far behind. Clyne is the best full back at 18 and Scannell is bloody good too. Not even mentioning Freedman who looks to be a bloody genius of a manager, far better than that whiny twat Gustavo.

Go on about attendances all you want, but you've got to admit... The future looks bloody brilliant for us. Worst case scenario, we sell all our young talent in two years and pocket £30million, while still being in the Championship.

Say what you want about cheating to get the Premiership last time, blah blah blah, this time we're doing it in style, and we're winning with a team of kids (the same ones who trashed you).
Does exactly what it says on the tin, quality post Glenn ffs they get better and better these kids :lol:

salako

Banned
Sep 29, 2011
:facepalm:
I guess you never went to the withdean then, because the south stand always empied as people moved down towards the pitch, and many watched the final whistle from the corner as they were preparing to head off.
When looking at the attendance at Withdean, percentages mean a lot. When you sell out, you still don't get 100% of people turning up, so people are sick on the day, get called to work, have transport issues etc. Using the Withdean as an example of us only having 7k turn up is pretty stupid isn't it.

Yes i have been there every time we played you
i have heard some lame excuses but peoiple being sick , work or transport is hilarious
isn't it strange that those three things didn't happen when you played us
i saw clips of lots of empty seats at the Withdean in the last few years you must have had a lot of illness in Brighton !
Failing to fill a 7 k stadium is pathetic

salako

Banned
Sep 29, 2011
This sentence is quite THICK. Especially seeing as we SOLD OUT our 7k home stands quite a few times. Still, worth a try eh?

you have a shiny new stadium and lots of plastic fans that doesn't give you a bigger fan base

but i do agree its best to focus on results like 3-1 and of course our league position
i guess all you have left is the stadium

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
i have heard some lame excuses but peoiple being sick , work or transport is hilarious
isn't it strange that those three things didn't happen when you played us
er, but it did. There weren't 22,500 there when you came to the Amex. There hasn't been 22k for any game as far as I know, although each game's been a sellout.
And the Withdean would sell out, except for the away end, so I don't understand your point. You say you went there, but you don't seem to remember much about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here