Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C Palace 11,865........Crawley 2,862

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
They HAVE to keep going on about attendances and their new ground as it's all they've got left.

They all thought that this was the season when they'll become the bigger club. They all thought they'd win at the Amex and that they'd be ten points ahead of poor old Palace by now.

It hasn't happened, we're still bigger and we're still better - and we're only going to improve as the next wave of palace wonder kids get older. Look at Zaha, only just 18 and he's probably the best player in the League. Williams only just 17, and he's not far behind. Clyne is the best full back at 18 and Scannell is bloody good too. Not even mentioning Freedman who looks to be a bloody genius of a manager, far better than that whiny twat Gustavo.

Go on about attendances all you want, but you've got to admit... The future looks bloody brilliant for us. Worst case scenario, we sell all our young talent in two years and pocket £30million, while still being in the Championship.

Say what you want about cheating to get the Premiership last time, blah blah blah, this time we're doing it in style, and we're winning with a team of kids (the same ones who trashed you).

But we are the bigger club this season surely?.Or does getting half the attendances make you the bigger club?

salako

Banned
Sep 29, 2011
er, but it did. There weren't 22,500 there when you came to the Amex. There hasn't been 22k for any game as far as I know, although each game's been a sellout.
And the Withdean would sell out, except for the away end, so I don't understand your point. You say you went there, but you don't seem to remember much about it.

i remember lots especially the results and all the fans leaving at the amex, which judging by this board is quite common

my point is you couldn't manage to get even close to 7k
walsall at home 6400 mk dons 6800 are 2 examples

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Attendance of 6800 is your example of not getting close to 7k. You're not too bright are you.
You also don't appreciate how dreadful the Withdean was. Sure you went for a couple of days out, but it was the worst ground to have to use to support your own team. Your place maybe a shit hole, but at least it's a football stadium.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Attendance of 6800 is your example of not getting close to 7k. You're not too bright are you.
You also don't appreciate how dreadful the Withdean was. Sure you went for a couple of days out, but it was the worst ground to have to use to support your own team. Your place maybe a shit hole, but at least it's a football stadium.

trig..u are trying to rationalise an argument with a palace fan...its probably a bit beyond the poor choppy..dont b too hard on him

salako

Banned
Sep 29, 2011

those figures include the away fans , and there are more examples
the point is you couldn't even manage 7k
so you had a crap stadium and couldn't get 7k
we have a crap stadium according to you but 14k is not good enough
all clubs get bigger crowds in new stadiums
if we ever get one i think we will manage 20k easily enough

Last edited:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
But we are the bigger club this season surely?.Or does getting half the attendances make you the bigger club?

Half the attendances? You're getting 40k per game, are you? Don't talk bollocks.

Even if Middlesbrough filled a 50,000 seater stadium they still wouldn't be bigger than Chelsea.

On average you get 5k more fans than we do per game. That is not something to write home about considering you've got a new ground.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Who cares about attendances.
That's all you needed to say to be fair.

respect to all those that actually go to games , but I don't get what difference it makes if 200 more fans of one club go to a northern game on a wet Tuesday night then another club.

surely it's on the pitch where it matters.

Feb 14, 2010
those figures include the away fans , and there are more examples
the point is you couldn't even manage 7k
so you had a crap stadium and couldn't get 7k
we have a crap stadium according to you but 14k is not good enough
all clubs get bigger crowds in new stadiums
if we ever get one i think we will manage 20k easily enough

Pack it in son. After asset stripping, Gillingham, to have 7/8000 crowds in bottom flight football at an athletics track for 15 years during the lowest point in our history was an achievement. Unlike your 4000 at home in the mid 80s. Now we are on a par with you after Archer, the figures speak for themselves, a waiting list for tickets at Brighton, and palace beg fans to turn up with kids for a quid at selhurst, despite being top 4.. and you will still get less at home than us.

salako

Banned
Sep 29, 2011
Pack it in son. After asset stripping, Gillingham, to have 7/8000 crowds in bottom flight football at an athletics track for 15 years during the lowest point in our history was an achievement. Unlike your 4000 at home in the mid 80s. Now we are on a par with you after Archer, the figures speak for themselves, a waiting list for tickets at Brighton, and palace beg fans to turn up with kids for a quid at selhurst, despite being top 4.. and you will still get less at home than us.

7k in the bottom flight is ok i agree
but 6 and a half when top of league one is not impressive
there is no doubt your new stadium is a boost with all the plastic fans
and lets face it its all you have to talk about at the moment, the football is something you can't compare right now

Feb 14, 2010
7k in the bottom flight is ok i agree
but 6 and a half when top of league one is not impressive
there is no doubt your new stadium is a boost with all the plastic fans
and lets face it its all you have to talk about at the moment, the football is something you can't compare right now

Home end sold out last year lad. Unlike your 4000 hard core in the mid 80s. Brighton fought for their club and the York City game showed what Brighton are made of.Palace, well a few spotty teenagers got laughed at in the City and palace are with reading the classic plastic happy clapper fans, and that my friend is why you are called Nigels.

salako

Banned
Sep 29, 2011
Home end sold out last year lad. Unlike your 4000 hard core in the mid 80s. Brighton fought for their club and the York City game showed what Brighton are made of.Palace, well a few spotty teenagers got laughed at in the City and palace are with reading the classic plastic happy clapper fans, and that my friend is why you are called Nigels.

Home end didn't sell out , lots of games with less than 7k

and as for the 80's we got as low as 6 and half thousand while Brighton managed a low of just over 8k
your lowest point was 1998 at 2300 which i guess was at Gillingham
and according to the stats i have seen in the bottom division in recent years you haven't managed an avaerage more than 6 and half k
with your sing along kareoke chants you can't get more happy clappy than that !

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London

:D You couldn't make it up! Have a little look at the NSC 'Big Board' forum...Some of the threads on just the front page "Hmm, what shall we try and sing next? Magiko? Yeaaa that's a good one or maybe the Dale cavese, look how wonderful it looks and sounds"...And Palace are plastic happy clapping Nigels? My life..

You don't make it easy for yourselves do you? Not to mention the many, many years of 5/6,000 attendances.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
They HAVE to keep going on about attendances and their new ground as it's all they've got left.

They all thought that this was the season when they'll become the bigger club. They all thought they'd win at the Amex and that they'd be ten points ahead of poor old Palace by now.

It hasn't happened, we're still bigger and we're still better - and we're only going to improve as the next wave of palace wonder kids get older. Look at Zaha, only just 18 and he's probably the best player in the League. Williams only just 17, and he's not far behind. Clyne is the best full back at 18 and Scannell is bloody good too. Not even mentioning Freedman who looks to be a bloody genius of a manager, far better than that whiny twat Gustavo.

Go on about attendances all you want, but you've got to admit... The future looks bloody brilliant for us. Worst case scenario, we sell all our young talent in two years and pocket £30million, while still being in the Championship.

Say what you want about cheating to get the Premiership last time, blah blah blah, this time we're doing it in style, and we're winning with a team of kids (the same ones who trashed you).
I'd love to disagree with that ... but I can't. Well except the bit about Freedman being 'better' than Poyet, although I can hardly argue that he's worse, merely 'differently good'.

However we HAVE built a good base and are in a much better position than we were before Poyet arrived so there's hope, even though you are proving stubbornly hard to shift as the top club in this rivalry.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
:D You couldn't make it up! Have a little look at the NSC 'Big Board' forum...Some of the threads on just the front page "Hmm, what shall we try and sing next? Magiko? Yeaaa that's a good one or maybe the Dale cavese, look how wonderful it looks and sounds"...And Palace are plastic happy clapping Nigels? My life..

You don't make it easy for yourselves do you? Not to mention the many, many years of 5/6,000 attendances.

Don't take WCP too seriously mate nobody else on here does.He goes on and on about protests and our fans being laughed at blah,blah.
The truth is he tries too hard to be the working class boy which means in all seriousness he is probably a middle class Nigel.
Oh and with regard to attendances he doesn't go himself .:lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Kids for a quid ??? Rumour has it there will be more paedos than plastics in the crowd at Selhurst on Saturday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here