Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bye Wrexham

We spent a season in the conference, a circumstance that caused much joy to Wrexham fans- what goes around comes around. Would you all be being so adult and sensible about it if it was Palace?

Teams get relegated, teams get promoted- that's what football is about. I'm enjoying their relegation as they're one of our local rivals and a club that we've never really seen eye to eye with. Nothing to be adult about.

Relegation to the BSP is not the end of the world- it's just another league. Our season there made us stronger as a club and as a fanbase in the long run. The same can happen to Wrexham if they play it right.

It depends on the circumstances. If Jordan conspired to asset strip Palace and sell everything out from underneath them to the extent that they plummeted out of the league and faced going bust then I'm sure that many would sympathise. What good is a rivalry when one party no longer exists? Their fans helped us out a bit too.

I wouldn't be half as sympathetic though if the demise was brought about by incompetence and mismanagement rather than greed and corruption.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Forest Green Rovers.

I didn't actually realise how high up they were in the table. Must of had a good season. Hopefully Burton can win the play-offs and make it into the football league for the first time in their history.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Spent almost the entire season in 6/7th place, promises to be the best finish in the history of the club, not bad for a village team!

I am with you on Burton, they have been on the fringes of promotion for what seems like an eternity, would love to see young Mr Clough rewarded for his loyalty by taking them into the league.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Spent almost the entire season in 6/7th place, promises to be the best finish in the history of the club, not bad for a village team!

I am with you on Burton, they have been on the fringes of promotion for what seems like an eternity, would love to see young Mr Clough rewarded for his loyalty by taking them into the league.

Quite pleased for them actually (FGR that is), seeing as they've been avoiding relegation for the past few seasons. Maybe they can build on this season and go up next, who knows ???

Would be nice to see a new team in the football league, like Morecambe, new ground and quite a nice place too.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
It depends on the circumstances. If Jordan conspired to asset strip Palace and sell everything out from underneath them to the extent that they plummeted out of the league and faced going bust then I'm sure that many would sympathise. What good is a rivalry when one party no longer exists? Their fans helped us out a bit too.

I wouldn't be half as sympathetic though if the demise was brought about by incompetence and mismanagement rather than greed and corruption.

As I understand it there's now much less chance of Wrexham winding up than last season. You're right, I wouldn't want them to go out of business.

April 2003, when our relegation was confirmed, our board was full of crowing Wrexham fans. The fact that their local derby next season could easily be Telford is a source of unconfined joy which would only be surpassed if Chester join them (now there's a club which could easily go under Vaughan pulls the plug...).

My commiserations by the way that you'll have to play MK Dons next season. We kept them at bay for a season but couldn't do much this year. A bigger load of cheating, whining arrogant scumbags you'll never meet....

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Quite pleased for them actually (FGR that is), seeing as they've been avoiding relegation for the past few seasons. Maybe they can build on this season and go up next, who knows ???

Would be nice to see a new team in the football league, like Morecambe, new ground and quite a nice place too.

Yes, They moved to a new ground at the start of last season, up the hill from the old one which was sold off for a housing development. The new ground has conference facilities a pub and a leisure centre, all of which bring in vital revenue to keep the club going on attendances averaging about 1150, which isn't high by BSP standards. The club market themselves as the friendly club on the hill, which may sound like they are belittling their achievements but it is a tag that seems appropriate given their circumstances. I have to say that it is probably the most picturesque place I have been to watch football, with views down the Stroud valley behind one of the stands...though being on the top of a hill you need about 5 layers to keep warm on a windy winters day.

When we have stories in the press, on an almost daily basis, of clubs running into trouble financially it is refreshing to see one that is well run and operates with a degree of success inside its means.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yes, plus the likes of Oxford United, Halifax Town and Crawley!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003

I along with some other NSC'rs went to The Racecourse for a Fans United day and the support we had from their fans backing our fight for Falmer was breathtaking!

I am genuinely disappointed for their fans, I oftern look for the Wrexham score following a great day I had down there!

Good luck for the future Wrexham and I hope you bounceback soon!

:albion2:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
What an utter **** you are.

Wrexham are one of those clubs that like us have been stitched up by a corrupt board. Not mismanaged like Leeds and deserving of relegation. Don't give us all that bollocks about only joking, or anti Welsh shite either. It is a shame that a club with decent traditions like Wrexham has been f***ed over to the extent that the playing staff are so bad they've gone down, especially when f***ing Franchise FC have prospered.

We're f***ing lucky that we didn't go the way of Wrexham 11 years ago. I know you're just a f***ing child but try to remember that next time you start gobbing off.

Oh shut up your knob, of course i remember us almost going out the league. I just dont like the Welsh, they shouldnt be playing in our leagues anyway. And stop banging on about MK Dons, no one cares anymore.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Because they've got a nice bunch of fans and as a group of supporters I think they've been through quite enough over the last few years.

Any anomosity towards them because they are "Welsh" is a little misplaced too.

Anyone who has been to Wrexham will know the place seems to be inhabited by scousers.

Is the fact that Scousers live there meant to make it better or something?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Sad to see Wrexham go down, lets hope they can get themselves back in League Two soon.

I, too, have a soft spot for Wrexham over their struggles (and their support for us in ours). I was at that game at Wrexham ("He's fat, He's round, He only wants the ground...") and it was one of those days *goes gooey inside* when a real sense of comradeship was felt with other football fans able to leave aside their petty differences to counter the common enemy - those who would f*** over our game and our clubs for money. Sad to see them go down, if only because I have, for several seasons in a row, lost one of my league grounds and only once gained one (back) with promotion (Carlisle) - I'll never make the 134 (English and Scottish) grounds at this rate. Still, as others have pointed out, the good news is that they are still around and still have a ground to play at, which wasn't looking that likely not too long ago. Given the choice between supporting the Albion in the Conference, and having no Albion at all to support, I know which option all of us on here would pick.

As for a Welsh team team playing in the English league - well, I would rather they played in Wales. That's not out of anti-Welsh feeling (you're a twat, Zesh R) but out of pro-Welsh feeling (those who know me know the personal reasons for this!). I would want the national league in Wales to host all of the Welsh teams. My team is English - it would horrify me if the suggestion were made that we played in another nation's league. I can't see why the fans of Wrexham don't feel the same, but there you go. I follow the Welsh league (Connah's Quay Nomads, should you care - with extra support this year for Llangefni Town, for family reasons) and have been to a few of the grounds. I would love it if we could welcome Wrexham to the Deeside Stadium some time, playing in their rightful home - Wales.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh shut up your knob, of course i remember us almost going out the league. I just dont like the Welsh, they shouldnt be playing in our leagues anyway. And stop banging on about MK Dons, no one cares anymore.

Ok then Zesh, without resorting to abuse can we have a constructive argument why Welsh teams shouldn't be allowed in the league.

I'll accept diagrams but will expect to see your working. You are reminded to include an historical perspective.

"Because they are Welsh" will not be considered sufficient as an answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here