Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bye Wrexham

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Completely agree. Wrexham have been in the same boat as us with their crooked owner and have finally wrested back control of their football club, and they have been tremendously supportive of us in regards to Falmer. The glee with which Wrexham's demise has been greeted by some is disappointing to say the least.

However my Wrexham supporting mate says they are just pleased to have football club to support and are not unduly bothered by relegation to the conference, it will beat looking at a housing estate where the racecourse should be.

Although it's a shame it had to happen this way, I looking forward to their visit to Lewes.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
More than one thread on here shows the distressingly short memories Brighton fans have. We were in big, big doo-doos in 96-97 and got out of it by the skin of our teeth. In part this was due to the high level of activism by the fans which, admittedly, some other clubs supporters have not replicated. However, fans of other clubs rallied round.

I just don't understand how anyone can want to celebrate any club dropping out of the league, least of all one that has been ripped off by its previous owners. Ring any bells, folks.

As for the Cup Final, at least its not the effing big four. I am more interested in this one than I have been for years and may even watch it (can't remember the last time I watched a cup final)!:angry:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Sad to see Wrexham go out of the league, and I sincerely hope that they make it back soon, as they do have a good bunch of supporters behind them.

I used to room with a guy from Flint who had Wrexham as his second team, so I've kept an eye on them since then. Though a patriotic Welshman I can confirm that my old room mate did have a decidedly scouse accent, and was a Liverpool fan to boot!!

Great News, 2 Down 2 To Go!

What an utter **** you are.

Wrexham are one of those clubs that like us have been stitched up by a corrupt board. Not mismanaged like Leeds and deserving of relegation. Don't give us all that bollocks about only joking, or anti Welsh shite either. It is a shame that a club with decent traditions like Wrexham has been f***ed over to the extent that the playing staff are so bad they've gone down, especially when f***ing Franchise FC have prospered.

We're f***ing lucky that we didn't go the way of Wrexham 11 years ago. I know you're just a f***ing child but try to remember that next time you start gobbing off.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You didn't by any chance by The Times today, did you? :)

No I didn't, but I also follow a team in the BSP for my pains and have an interest in which teams are promoted or relegated to and from it. There are now a fair few teams in the BSP who have played in the league, there are also a few in the league who were relegated but found their way back again, the likes of Barnet, Lincoln and Shrewsbury to name but a few.

At least there is hope for Wrexham, they can regroup next season and maybe put together a challenge for promotion, it is possible and has been done quite a few times. At least with the two up system there is hope for a relegated team, far better than the days where the bottom club had to apply for re-election, refusal often led to obscurity with little chance of return.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Glad to see that the GROWN UPS have finally joined this thread.

KSA, Hiney, Row Z, 1234, well put. The rest off you, grow up.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It amazes me that some of you morons are cheering Wrexham going down...They've gone through similar circumstances to what we went through and yet you mock them...You should be utterly ashamed of yourselves :tosser:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry, UB, no it isn't. I shall now return to being chilled for the rest of the day.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is sad to see Wrexham go down, but as per my post above there is a way back for them, quite a few teams have bounced back into the league. The position we faced in 97 was a little different and far more hazardous, we had been asset stripped and our ground sold for redevelopment, there is little doubt in my mind that the club would have folded completely had we dropped out of the league. We would then have had to reform further down the pyramid (ala Aldershot) and taken years to get back into the league, Wrexham could possibly manage it at the first attempt, if they can maintain their fanbase the omens must be pretty good.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
No I didn't, but I also follow a team in the BSP for my pains and have an interest in which teams are promoted or relegated to and from it. There are now a fair few teams in the BSP who have played in the league, there are also a few in the league who were relegated but found their way back again, the likes of Barnet, Lincoln and Shrewsbury to name but a few.

At least there is hope for Wrexham, they can regroup next season and maybe put together a challenge for promotion, it is possible and has been done quite a few times. At least with the two up system there is hope for a relegated team, far better than the days where the bottom club had to apply for re-election, refusal often led to obscurity with little chance of return.

Oh which BSP team you have a thing for ???

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
We spent a season in the conference, a circumstance that caused much joy to Wrexham fans- what goes around comes around. Would you all be being so adult and sensible about it if it was Palace?

Teams get relegated, teams get promoted- that's what football is about. I'm enjoying their relegation as they're one of our local rivals and a club that we've never really seen eye to eye with. Nothing to be adult about.

Relegation to the BSP is not the end of the world- it's just another league. Our season there made us stronger as a club and as a fanbase in the long run. The same can happen to Wrexham if they play it right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here