Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bye Brand.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
She seems very shocked and embarrassed by it all though. She says so in most of the newspapers.

If she's embarrassed by it all why is she talking to most of the papers?
why has she hired Max Clifford to sell her story to a tabloid?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

I think he was being sarcastic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

....I was being sarcastic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Just announced that Jonathan Ross has been suspended for 12 weeks without pay

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
this is getting beyond a joke, 12 weeks bloody ridiculous. Controller of Radio 2 has quit as well ratings are going to nose dive she brought in all the big name DJs who got ratings up. Good to see Andrew Sachs grandaughter is so distraught to appear all over the papers selling intimate details not known to the public before today

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Am I the only one who wonders why the hell this has dominated the news headlines all week?

Granted, Ross and Brand did something rather childish. Granted, the show's producer made something of an error of judgement in deciding to broadcast it. They've apologised, and they've paid for it. Surely that's the end of the matter at least as far as the rest of us are concerned.

They only had a few complaints at the time, yet the last time I heard, the telephoned objections were approaching 30,000. FFS, what on earth prompts all these morons who didn't actually hear the show anyway to ring up the Beeb DAYS later to complain about something they didn't witness, have only read about in the Daily Mail or The Sun, concerning an actor who's hardly been seen on TV since the Seventies, and about whom they couldn't give a shit in any case?
:thud:

I cannot understand the mentality of anybody who'd ring the BBC two weeks after the event, simply because some crappy tabloid newspaper has got on it's high horse about it.

What is WRONG with these people? :ohmy:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Not according to the Americans I know went down like a lead balloon and they don't fancy his chances in the States. Personally I hope he makes it in the US that way I won't have to put up with his puerile effort at comedy, he is typical of the dumbing down of society.

Right, I've let a lot of stupid comments on this thread go but that one I simply can't leave alone.

How EXACTLY has Russell Brand "dumbed down society"? He is a very intelligent man. He is a tremendously witty comedian with an outstanding vocabulary (he introduced me to the word "tautology"). His cultural references (both on his radio show and stand-up) are eclectic and highbrow.

Tell me, is your view of RB based on just reading trash from right wing rags like The Daily Mail or have you actually followed his career (watched his stand-up, listened to his radio show etc) and made an informed judgement from that??

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Enough is enough. I`m sick and tired of not having an opinion on this.
For the first 2 days I kept quiet on this issue BUT KNOW I`M PRETTY BLOODY MAD and am 100% sure that I have no opinion whatsoever concerning the whole damn thing.

Rant over... sorry.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
For the first 2 days I kept quiet on this issue BUT KNOW I`M PRETTY BLOODY MAD and am 100% sure that I have no opinion whatsoever concerning the whole damn thing.

Rant over... sorry.

get back to your nuts and cribbage

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The granddaughter of WHICH former Fawlty Towers star has appeared in some mucky movies, and also done some girl on girl strapon activity with one of the Hookers who were friendly with Max Mosely recently?

Sanctimonious hypocrites? Never

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
12 weeks! I'm very annoyed, I love Friday Night with Jonathan Ross.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
12 weeks? That's pretty harsh I suppose, but he'll be able to cope i'm sure!

On the plus side, he might put a bit more effort in again, rather than perving over the women and sucking up to the blokes, as he seems to have started doing every week.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Rant over... sorry.

Even if I didn't have an opinion on the particular issue I'm just so upset about the fact that some morons getting overly dramatic about the incident means the masses of people who enjoyed the show now aren't allowed to have it anymore. I bet if you asked fans of the podcast to write in you could find about 10 times the amount of people who complained that would say they want Brand back.

The granddaughter all over the papers selling the story leavers an even more bitter taset in the mouth. I'm just sick over the whole thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here