Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bye Brand.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
...and the missus goes silly when he's on tv.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
And yet hasn't called for them to be suspended or sacked.

Indeed not, what he DID say was that he thinks the pair of them are a "Bad Team" and that they got it "Badly wrong" when they left the messages so he was obviosly upset by it. Today he said that Brands resignation was the right thing to do and wished him well for the future.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Russell Brand appeals to the sharper, more discerning consumer like myself. But it is okay. For the less discerning, more unevolved viewer can buy one of the many Lee Evans DVD's available in shops or tune into Sky Backwards and watch the ground breaking Jasper Carrot Trial.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Russell Brand appeals to the sharper, more discerning consumer like myself. But it is okay. For the less discerning, more unevolved viewer can buy one of the many Lee Evans DVD's available in shops or tune into Sky Backwards and watch the ground breaking Jasper Carrot Trial.

yup - RB is a genius....(making up little songs about shagging someones grandaughter) - f***ing brilliant

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

Alternatively you could say that Russel Brand appeals to the latent homosexual psuedo intellectuals who fancy themselves as Oscar Wilde when in fact they are More Oliver Letwin.

Hey nonny no my booky wooky doo da! Hilarious stuff.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Brand has gone for the nuclear option before even waiting to hear what his punishment might have been. He didn't need to resign, just take his punishment like a man for what was a gross error of taste. Suspension/fine would have been adequate. But he's chosen, himself, to be the big martyr and attention-seeker which - let's face it - is not totally out of character.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I can understand that opinion if you've only seen his comedy, personally I can take or leave his comedy.

.. but the bloke is very talented and clearly very intelligent.

I stumbled on a documentary he made about racism where he goes and interviews one of the leaders of the BNP. It's on UK tube now, but I have no idea which channel he was originally broadcast on.

It's brilliant and he is brilliant in it.

Also as stated before one here, he has a very good talent for journalism as well.

I think he's done absolutely the right thing in walking away, but this is isn't the end of his career more like a minor blip at the start of it.

seriously mate do you think the documentary he did on Mark Collett was good? let alone brilliant. Mark Collett is a deluded immature idiot and anyone could have made him look a bit of a plum. Brand offered nothing apart from saying you're racist and a bit thick, I am not and a bit groovy and funnier than you can I have some drugs now. It is one of the cringiest things I have seen him do its a total embarrassment. f***ing hell mate you are easily impressed. Collett does not even command any respect within the BNP I hear which must take some doing.

As for that Matt Morgan what a horrible surly little outcast nerd troll he is. Cannot believe people think he brings anything to the table apart from reminding you of what a lot of overgrown adolescents are out there earning livings from fools.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I imagine he's v bored with it all. He recorded one interview to end it all. It's not like he's pimping himself around - like the hypocritical, opportunist granddaughter.

She seems very shocked and embarrassed by it all though. She says so in most of the newspapers.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Firstly, I didn't hear the broadcast but have listened to the phone calls on You Tube. How many of the 18,000 complainants have done that. Most of them have just jumped on the anti Ross/Brand bandwagon for reasons of their own. 18,000 out of all the people that watch Ross on Friday nights 18,000 out of the millions that read newspapers every day or see the news on tv. So, if we allow a puny minority to dictate the tastes of everyone else then perhaps this forum and many of it's contributors will be the first to fall under the axe. The phone calls were in bad taste and offensive to Andrew Sachs but he has gracioulsy accepted their apologies. That should be the end of it. But no, 0.0003% of the population are wishing to control what the rest of watch.

And I would add that the only victim in this tale is Andrew Sachs as you only have to look at the website of his grand daughter to get a gllimpse of her persona as per the extract here "Anyone who appreciates sex and horror.
Promoters who would be interested in booking us.
Decent bands who would like to throw us in the back of their van/bus and make us perform disgusting acts on stage or do the same on camera along to one of their tracks
"

Is that more of an embarrassment to Andrew Sachs than the phone call?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
More importantly than Brand or Ross being suspended, is why the f*** did whoever it was give permission for the recording to be broadcast? Yes, Ross and Brand went ott, but it was pre-recorded FFS. Someone, somewhere in the BBC reviewed the tape and presumably gave the go ahead for it to be broadcast. That person is the one who should be taking the flack IMO.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble. Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble.Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble.Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble.Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble.Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble.Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble.Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble.Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble.

High level of debate as ever, I see.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Just heard the news on the radio that the grandaughter has done a kiss n tell in today's sun newspaper.

That just about takes the biscuit for me I'm afraid.

I hope her grandad is proud of her.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
More importantly than Brand or Ross being suspended, is why the f*** did whoever it was give permission for the recording to be broadcast? Yes, Ross and Brand went ott, but it was pre-recorded FFS. Someone, somewhere in the BBC reviewed the tape and presumably gave the go ahead for it to be broadcast. That person is the one who should be taking the flack IMO.

Indeed, yet one of the heads of broadcasting has threatened to quit if any of her producers are sacked for the incident.

The main question is who actually approved for this show to go out without editing the 'offensive' material.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I bet Andrew Sachs regrets agreeing to appear on the Brand show now.

He was probably privately embarrassed about his granddaughter's errant ways, but now its all out in the public domain and made 10 times worse.

Brand will, of course, live to fight another day. He is intelligent, articulate and funny and seems to be able to turn his hand to anything he tries. Ross, on the other hand, will be more significantly affected as he is more mainstream and dependent upon the Beeb for £6 million a year.

One mild irritation in all of this is where does Gordon Brown get off passing comment? If I was him I'd tell the questioner I've got no comment because I'm the PM, not the Entertainment Correspondence of The 10 Downing Street Times.

On a day when the stock market bounced back by 8% I was not surprised that Sky News led with Ross/Brand but was dismayed BBC News were leading with them as well.

The BBC don't seem to know who they're trying to please - the Daily Mail set who demand retribution or the Heat Generation who expect the news to lead with celebrity stuff over proper news like stock market recovery, genocide in Congo etc.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble. Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble.Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble.Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble.Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble.Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble.Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble.Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble.Russell Brand is funny, it's a shame he's in trouble. Russell Brand is unfunny, who care's that he's in trouble.

High level of debate as ever, I see.

That is something I can actually see Brand doing as a piece to camera whilst a bunch of prats hoot with laughter all around him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here