Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bye Brand.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brand don't care, he's got multiple irons in the fire. Resigning just makes him seem like an honest humble likeable sleazebag.

It's Wossie who needs to lose his unearned millions. Most of them come from the Beeb's licence-payers. And he's about as likeable as any of the Top Gear presenters. Does anybody actually LIKE these people?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Absolutely pissed off and distraught about this. I don't care what anyone else thinks of him, I loved that radio show and it's a real real loss. Anyone who actually bothered to listen to it would know that part of why it was so good was the chemistry with his co-host Matt Morgan, who sadly has now also lost the chance to work at the BBC. This country is populated by absolute fucktards and I'm so pissed off with all the morons who have nothing better to do than complain about such a small incident.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Gutted, will miss the show on listen again on a Monday morning. Lets be honest though he don't need the show, America and hollywood calls. More of a loss to the Beeb because i don't see them getting Saturday night ratings like he got

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
cant stand him...hes a talentless twat

I can understand that opinion if you've only seen his comedy, personally I can take or leave his comedy.

.. but the bloke is very talented and clearly very intelligent.

I stumbled on a documentary he made about racism where he goes and interviews one of the leaders of the BNP. It's on UK tube now, but I have no idea which channel he was originally broadcast on.

It's brilliant and he is brilliant in it.

Also as stated before one here, he has a very good talent for journalism as well.

I think he's done absolutely the right thing in walking away, but this is isn't the end of his career more like a minor blip at the start of it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brand don't care, he's got multiple irons in the fire. Resigning just makes him seem like an honest humble likeable sleazebag.

It's Wossie who needs to lose his unearned millions. Most of them come from the Beeb's licence-payers. And he's about as likeable as any of the Top Gear presenters. Does anybody actually LIKE these people?

Many people around the world now, Top Gear is one of the BBCs most succesful exports.

I was in Costa Rica recently and a bloke by a pool started to talking to me about that funny Jeremy Clarkson.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Radio 2 late show??

Compared to a successful stand up tour, hosting the MTV VMAs in America, his own series on Channel 4 (Ponderland), A successful book, endless other appearances on TV, and part of a decent Hollywood movie in forgetting Sarah Marshall, with filming of a follow up to that.

Does he care? Doubt it, he shagged Georgina!!

Absolutely pissed off and distraught about this. I don't care what anyone else thinks of him, I loved that radio show and it's a real real loss. Anyone who actually bothered to listen to it would know that part of why it was so good was the chemistry with his co-host Matt Morgan, who sadly has now also lost the chance to work at the BBC. This country is populated by absolute fucktards and I'm so pissed off with all the morons who have nothing better to do than complain about such a small incident.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH

All a matter of opinion, and mine (now), is that you are the fucktard.

I would join the line to complain about that tit and he can get tae f***, he's a pratt who prattles like a silly retard, his banter is excruciatingly immature, and basically - he a proven idiot.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks

I would join the line to complain about that tit and he can get tae f***, he's a pratt who prattles like a silly retard, his banter is excruciatingly immature, and basically - he a proven idiot.

I'm sure he's distraught to hear that. He'll be crying into his hottub full of lovelies later.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks

Christ, what do you sound like.

Personally I find him very funny and I really can't beleive the over reaction to all this. Has anyone seen this bird with her tits out all week laying in baths with fake blood, knives and other birds? What exactly does her dear old Grandad think of that? Yes, her Grandad that played the racist version of a thick Spanish Waiter?

Still, I suppose Brand no longer has to worry about interupting his lifestyle of counting his millions a nailing fantastic looking women to do a late night slot on Radio 2 and worry about upsetting 3 people which miraculously turns into 10,000 when a couple of sleazy tabloids tell everyone they should be outraged and like sheep, everyone does exactly what they're told.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Christ, what do you sound like.

Personally I find him very funny and I really can't beleive the over reaction to all this. Has anyone seen this bird with her tits out all week laying in baths with fake blood, knives and other birds? What exactly does her dear old Grandad think of that? Yes, her Grandad that played the racist version of a thick Spanish Waiter?

Still, I suppose Brand no longer has to worry about interupting his lifestyle of counting his millions a nailing fantastic looking women to do a late night slot on Radio 2 and worry about upsetting 3 people which miraculously turns into 10,000 when a couple of sleazy tabloids tell everyone they should be outraged and like sheep, everyone does exactly what they're told.

Quite the funniest thing I've read today.

Repeated and repeated simply because one person wrote it in an article and now it's being used as an excuse for what happened to Andrew Sachs by fans of Russell Brand.

Have you been walking around thinking the waiter character was racist for most of your life or did it somehow occur to you over the last few days ? Did you know who Andrew Sachs actually was ?

If there is any sheep round here, it's the people who keep peddling the ridiculous line that Andrew Sachs (a refugee from the Nazis) is somehow deserving of his treatment because of a supposedly "racist" character he played in sitcom in the 1970s.

Russell Brand (I think a brilliant talent) has gone up in my estimation tonight with his very sincere apology, giving tribute to the fine comic acting skills of Andrew Sachs. He was supposed to be a guest on his show after all.

Perhaps Brands fans could take a leaf out of his book and stop peddling the ridiculous line that Sachs somehow deserved it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Quite the funniest thing I've read today.

Repeated and repeated simply because one person wrote it in an article and now it's being used as an excuse for what happened to Andrew Sachs by fans of Russell Brand.

Have you been walking around thinking the waiter character was racist for most of your life or did it somehow occur to you over the last few days ? Did you know who Andrew Sachs actually was ?

If there is any sheep round here, it's the people who keep peddling the ridiculous line that Andrew Sachs (a refugee from the Nazis) is somehow deserving of his treatment because of a supposedly "racist" character he played in sitcom in the 1970s.

Russell Brand (I think a brilliant talent) has gone up in my estimation tonight with his very sincere apology, giving tribute to the fine comic acting skills of Andrew Sachs. He was supposed to be a guest on his show after all.

Perhaps Brands fans could take a leaf out of his book and stop peddling the ridiculous line that Sachs somehow deserved it.

Indeed.

But where did Timbo, or any Brand fan, say that he deserved it?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Indeed.

But where did Timbo, or any Brand fan, say that he deserved it?

I read many comments today on the web attacking Andrew Sachs.

I'm not implying the above poster did that, and apologies if it came over like that.

But the role he played in the 70s is completely irrelevant isn't it ? .. and what his daughter does.. is that really his fault ?

"What exactly does her dear old Grandad think of that? Yes, her Grandad that played the racist version of a thick Spanish Waiter?"

Well he's actually given his opinion of his daughters work poor bloke, yes he's been forced to comment on that as well.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here