Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] By-election in Honiton and Tiverton.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A Tory defeat in Tiverton & Honiton would apparently set a record for the biggest majority ever overturned at a by-election.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
So I’m assuming if the Conservative candidate wins, even by the smallest of margins, most folk on here will be somewhat agitated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not regarding Honiton and Tiverton but I will have my faith in humanity warmed if the electors get rid of your Leader's candidate. Tories with hearts, if it be so.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Mid term by election, government will lose. It is ever thus.

Record-breaking swing away from government in historically safe seat is not usual. The 2019 intake of tories are going to be history in 2 years time.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Lib Dems win Tiverton and Honiton.

Sensational result.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't think you are likely to hold anyone up - and the work will be done by the mendacious government all on its own.... keep watching.

My god if people haven't noticed what a shower of shite this government is they never will.

Not much you can do for them I feel.

None so blind and all that.

I expect it is the unions/Labour/the lefty liberal media/political correctness's fault (hard to know what hokum Boris, Rupert and his chums are feeding them at the moment).

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Nick Eardley, Political correspondent:

"The Conservatives have just lost a seat which they have held since it was created in 1997.

You have to go back to the 1920s to find a non-Conservative MP for this area (in the old Tiverton seat).

Not only that, the Tories have just lost a colossal majority. The Conservatives won by more than 24,000 at the last election three years ago.

This result sets a new record - no majority that big has ever been overturned at a by-election until now. The fact the Liberal Democrats won by 6,000 votes makes the result all the more remarkable.

And It’s a big moment for the party. They finished third here in 2019 - but have now secured their third by-election gain of this parliament.

The others were in long-standing Conservative constituencies with previously comfortable majorities too.

The Lib Dems think more Tory heartlands are in their sights based on results like tonight’s.

There are likely to be some nervous Tory MPs this morning."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-61789404

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Fantastic result in Devon for the Lib Dems, I’m really pleased for them, I bet Boris is shiting himself now.

Parliament needs more Liberal Democrats.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
2AC133B9-D1EB-44AB-87BD-72971E77704E.jpeg

CD5E8ED2-42D3-4B62-BCC4-3E544E25D17B.jpeg

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Fantastic result in Devon for the Lib Dems, I’m really pleased for them, I bet Boris is shiting himself now.

Parliament needs more Liberal Democrats.

Why do you think other people might find your comment hard to believe?

No matter, as already stated, you won't 'hold anyone up', so that's good........

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

No matter, as already stated, you don't stand in anyone's way, so that's good........

I’m just waiting for some clown, potentially one of the usual suspects, to say about the Honiton and Tiverton result, “but what a terrible night for Labour”...

At that point I will go into full Nelson Muntz mode!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

No matter, as already stated, you won't 'hold anyone up', so that's good........

Says the bloke who has already been held up editing his original post, I think I preferred your first attempt [emoji23][emoji23]

Don’t let me get in your way/hold you up any longer mate[emoji6]

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Some fantastic tactical voting.
If the electorate keep this up, the Tories will be toast.

BoJo's only saving grace at Tory HQ was his election winning credentials.
That's history now.

He won't be leading the party at the next GE, unfortunately.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Says the bloke who has already been held up editing his original post, I think I preferred your first attempt [emoji23][emoji23]

Don’t let me get in your way/hold you up any longer mate[emoji6]

Surely only a tory supporter would think that editing and revising what s/he writes is a bad thing.....

You might like to try it .... I would have thought you knew how to spell 'shitting'!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I’m just waiting for some clown, potentially one of the usual suspects, to say about the Honiton and Tiverton result, “but what a terrible night for Labour”...

At that point I will go into full Nelson Muntz mode!

....actually as you see, they are lining up a pretence of relative impartiality, which is both funny and contemptible at the same time.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Don't sack Johnson, he needs to stay

The party goes from strength to strength

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A Tory defeat in Tiverton & Honiton would apparently set a record for the biggest majority ever overturned at a by-election.

And the record is set. Lib Dems don’t just sneak in with a record majority turnover, they win by 6k votes themselves. That is a huge statement by the electorate.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
big win there, strong turn out too.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Boris has our Full support. This was just lefty lawyers and Remoaners. He should call their bluff and call a surprise General Election NOW.

That'll catch them out. Do it Boris.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here