• Hamilton

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • Either - they're both British..

Votes: 30 31.3%

• Total voters

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Button - I live in his home town and it's great to have an air of exitement around the place. If he is still there at the end of the season this place will be buzzing...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Button has proved when he has a car he can compete, with he can compete, Hamilton got lucky getting a good car to start with.

F1 is all about the car, only when its wet does a good driver emerge.

He didn't get lucky to get a good car to start with. The top team's won't just hand out racing seats to anyone. He got into a good car because he proven his talent in the junior series. Turkey 2006 was amazing: YouTube - 2006 GP2 Turkey Race 2 - Lewis Hamilton overtakes

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not overly fussed about either driver really, but Lewis is a proven liar, so that counts against him a bit in my book.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hamilton for me, has made a few high profile cock ups, but Button is an arse.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
why is he an arse? whats he ever done ?
Have you heard him recently. All he EVER says is that the car is underperforming now but he has faith in the team putting it right.

Oddly though, he's convinced that those 6 wins were entirely down to his driving and barely mentions that his car was streets ahead of anybody elses.

Edna is right - he's an arse.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Nothing particular against Button, but it's Hamilton all the way for me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have you heard him recently. All he EVER says is that the car is underperforming now but he has faith in the team putting it right.

Pretty much the same as Hamilton has been saying all season then.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pretty much the same as Hamilton has been saying all season then.
I guess the difference is that Hamilton has done the business in a competitive car, whereas Button has underperformed. So for him not to suggest that his car isn't the main reason he was so far ahead is a bit disingenuous.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

Oddly though, he's convinced that those 6 wins were entirely down to his driving and barely mentions that his car was streets ahead of anybody elses.

Edna is right - he's an arse.

trying to place my already stated bias behind me - I can't agree with that whatsoever. During the early stages of the sason I only ever heard Button praising the car to the highest and saying that it was streets ahead of the competiton (at the time)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
trying to place my already stated bias behind me - I can't agree with that whatsoever. During the early stages of the sason I only ever heard Button praising the car to the highest and saying that it was streets ahead of the competiton (at the time)

Agreed. I guess some people only hear / remember what they want to.

As far as I'm concerned they're both British and both get my support.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
As im british I have no problem with Jense doing well and indeed winning this years WDC. However, I will always be a Hamilton supporter. The fundemental difference between Hamilton and Button is that Lewis is an out and out racer, which is what Formula 1 is supposed to be about. Dont get me wrong, Jenson is a great talent and has shown this year what he is capable of given a very good car but he has never delivered one of those "outstanding" performances that I will remember in 20 years time - i.e Schumacher at Barcelona 1996, Senna at Donnington 1993, Kimi at Suzuka in 2005 etc etc. At the end of 2006, when Michael retired many people thought that F1 wouldnt be the same. Then along came Lewis Hamilton in 2007 and provided us with some astonishing overall race drives including some memorable overtaking manouvers. Who can forget that start he made in Melbourne in his first race from 4th on the grid, taking one of the BMWs and Fernando Alonso into turn 1. Then onto Sepang and overtaking both Ferraris into turn 1, again from 4th on the grid. The move that I will always remember was the one on Kimi at Monza into the first chicane. In terms of drives, as someone else has mentioned already who can argue with his performance at Silverstone and Hockenheim in 2008 or even Fuji in 2007? Anybody who follows motorsport closely wouldnt have been too surprised by his racing abilites and his rookie performance to be honest. His 2006 GP2 season was unbelievable and anybody else who was luckly enough to have been at Silverstone that weekend would agree that there has never been so much excitement surrounding a support race at an F1 event. The 3 a breast move into Becketts on Piquet was one of those moments that you can say yes, i was there and saw it. He also dominated F3 euroseries in his second season taking the championship very convincingly. If I remember correctly out of 20 races he won 15!
I think Lewis' performance at Hungary showed us that even though he wasnt in the fastest car on the grid, a top driver will always strike when given a sniff of a victory. Kimi at Spa 2004 and Michael Schumacher at Spa in 1996 demonstrates this in my opinion.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Given the choice Button. I like Hamilton and Mclaren (and thought his title win in Brazil was the sporting highlight of last year) but lets face it - Cheering them on is like cheering Man U on. Buttons chance will probably never come again. Hamilton will be a multiple world champion.

Incidently, I sometimes drink in Webbers local and eat in his restaurant. Top bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here