• Hamilton

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • Either - they're both British..

Votes: 30 31.3%

• Total voters

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
As im british I have no problem with Jense doing well and indeed winning this years WDC. However, I will always be a Hamilton supporter. The fundemental difference between Hamilton and Button is that Lewis is an out and out racer, which is what Formula 1 is supposed to be about. Dont get me wrong, Jenson is a great talent and has shown this year what he is capable of given a very good car but he has never delivered one of those "outstanding" performances that I will remember in 20 years time - i.e Schumacher at Barcelona 1996, Senna at Donnington 1993, Kimi at Suzuka in 2005 etc etc. At the end of 2006, when Michael retired many people thought that F1 wouldnt be the same. Then along came Lewis Hamilton in 2007 and provided us with some astonishing overall race drives including some memorable overtaking manouvers. Who can forget that start he made in Melbourne in his first race from 4th on the grid, taking one of the BMWs and Fernando Alonso into turn 1. Then onto Sepang and overtaking both Ferraris into turn 1, again from 4th on the grid. The move that I will always remember was the one on Kimi at Monza into the first chicane. In terms of drives, as someone else has mentioned already who can argue with his performance at Silverstone and Hockenheim in 2008 or even Fuji in 2007? Anybody who follows motorsport closely wouldnt have been too surprised by his racing abilites and his rookie performance to be honest. His 2006 GP2 season was unbelievable and anybody else who was luckly enough to have been at Silverstone that weekend would agree that there has never been so much excitement surrounding a support race at an F1 event. The 3 a breast move into Becketts on Piquet was one of those moments that you can say yes, i was there and saw it. He also dominated F3 euroseries in his second season taking the championship very convincingly. If I remember correctly out of 20 races he won 15!
I think Lewis' performance at Hungary showed us that even though he wasnt in the fastest car on the grid, a top driver will always strike when given a sniff of a victory. Kimi at Spa 2004 and Michael Schumacher at Spa in 1996 demonstrates this in my opinion.

I hate it when these ill-informed amateurs spout their opinions on here:lolol:

Still Button for me though.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
i would like to see button win it but at the same time it would be nice to see hamilton go on a serge to make it a all british fight

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
British, not British, Noodles, don't noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be - sorry folks but it's Mark Webber for me!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Voted Button as I have a bet with him t Win it this year so he gets my full Support, Lewis does of course get support but will be urging him to make a mistake if he's ahead of Button!

Overall though I support ALL British drivers when watching DTM, Indycars, V8Supercars (namely the Enduros coming up with a handful of Brits to follow!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here