Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Butters is released.....Dodd stays

1066gull

Albion release Butters

Brighton & Hove Albion have released the services of Guy Butters and Richard Carpenter with immediate effect.

It comes after a paitent long wait for everyone associated with the club after several delays and a board power struggle delayed the the news of the out-of-contract players.

Guy Butters and Richard Carpenter have been long servants for the Albion, but manager Mark McGhee insists loosing the remaining few experienced players is the right way to go forward, ahead of offering ten contracts to youth players.

He said "It is essential for this club, through this difficult important transitional phase that we have as many youngsters in the squad as possible.

"When we walk in to our new stadium, these youngsters will be the ones who will be out and by doing this we are encouraging them to be at their best."

Ahead of that, last years signing Jason Dodd has been offered a life long contract to sit in the medical room whilst reading an eye chart.

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
source...

Edit: Just realised I have made a tit of myself :blush:

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
...Meanwhile Turienzo has indicated he could be fit for the start of the 2008-2009 season. Manager Mark McGhee has described it as a "significant" boost for the club........:yawn:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Making jokes about players potential futures just aint funny.

especially a couple who have provided sterling service in the past.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Christ, what a complete f***ing prick

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
if thats true its dreadful

by the time we get a stadium or a permanent spot in the park or whatever happens the youngsters will be old. and hopefully MAgoo will be long gone from the club, possibly even pushing up daisies !

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Spoofs need to be funny to be worth it. Otherwise why bother. This is just, well, nothing really.

Go and spend a day reading Easy10's back catalogue, and learn how a shift from subtle hints to surreal flights of fancy makes these work.

Actually, spend a month. We could with a break from you.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Patient spelt wrong
2 'the's
Losing spelt wrong
They haven't got an eye chart in the medical room

Apart from all that, you are a 1st class cock. Can I borrow your head for my rock garden? Save your breath, you'll need it to blow up your girlfriend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here