Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just before the goal, I would have taken a gentleman's agreement for a point each to get our players out unscathed. But this will be a good test of our new resilient defence. As poor as Burnley are as footballing side, the pressure from free kicks and corners is tough and they are past masters at it.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Good first half Brighton giving as good as we are getting, Burnley are a physical team, pleased for Dunk to get a goal but where was the Burnley defence, Bissoma appears to have the freedom of the park, Back line and especially Sanchez are playing really well, keep it going boys lets bring home the three points

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
There's something very pleasing about scoring against Burnley from a corner but my goodness games against them are horrible, dull, bitty, scrappy affairs. Still if the score stays the same I'll be delighted come full time.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Burnley are giving us more problems than Spurs and Liverpool.

We’re doing alright though.

Agree. I don’t think Burnley have played bad, have looked quite dangerous on a few occasions. Have to say I think Sanchez has played a blinder and saved us a few times.

Disciple

Dec 27, 2020
Our team is clearly tired. That's a great half after the exertions of the last few games. Hopefully we have some energy to bring on in the second half.

Good to see Connolly have a dangerous attempt on goal, need to see more of that from him.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Does he qualify for England? I mean presumably he does through residency but wasn't he Lynch-Sanchez at one point?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
[MENTION=38362]vagabond[/MENTION] might be correct that Potter isn’t rubbish.

If the players have been at fault for missing, did GP score that then [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’m being facetious obviously.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Our team is clearly tired. That's a great half after the exertions of the last few games. Hopefully we have some energy to bring on in the second half.

Good to see Connolly have a dangerous attempt on goal, need to see more of that from him.

Such a shame that didn't find the net. Great save. Would've done wonders for his confidence

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
As disappointed as I was at the manner of Ryan's departure, what a great keeper we now have eh? Since his first game he has just grown in confidence. One of the great discoveries of the season.

Probably cost us peanuts at 15, what’s he worth now?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Sobering thought, will we be able to hang on to Sanchez?

A definite class act. :bowdown:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Pundits; “Dunk just gets a free header”

Well yeah, but it was still a great header all the same. Right in the corner.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Burnley will score i feel but as long as we score more

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Burnley are giving us more problems than Spurs and Liverpool.

We’re doing alright though.

That’s my worry - although they’re horrible to watch it can be effective and it’s giving us problems... Worried we look slightly leggy - down to injuries and having to play again after Weds where the players left everything out there...!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Sanchez is very good. We're not playing well though, look leggy + don't like Conolly + Maupay upfront. Would prefer if Trossard or Propper came on

Not sure Pröpper can come on?
58518488becd63425e6c8c7f7d782606.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here