Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burgess latest

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Ben Burgess is hoping to end speculation about his Hull City exit by forcing his way into Phil Parkinson's thoughts against Tranmere Rovers tonight.

The 25-year-old has been at the centre of intense speculation linking him with a move away from the KC Stadium, with Blackpool and Brighton both admirers.

Having been recalled to the City bench for Saturday's draw at Ipswich, Burgess is likely to be handed an increased role in tonight's League Cup first round clash.

Although "flattered" by the interest of other clubs, the forward is keen to stake his claim for a regular start under Parkinson.

"As far as I know, my immediate future lies at Hull City and I will just look forward to taking the chances when they come," Burgess told the Mail.

"It's not unsettled me in any way. If anything, it's flattering to know that other clubs are interested in me.

"I don't think the manager wants to get rid of me, that much seems clear but I've got to get on with it and take what ever chances come my way. I just want to play as much football as I can.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
fozzie's headband said:
Ben Burgess is hoping to end speculation about his Hull City exit by forcing his way into Phil Parkinson's thoughts against Tranmere Rovers tonight.

The 25-year-old has been at the centre of intense speculation linking him with a move away from the KC Stadium, with Blackpool and Brighton both admirers.

Having been recalled to the City bench for Saturday's draw at Ipswich, Burgess is likely to be handed an increased role in tonight's League Cup first round clash.

Although "flattered" by the interest of other clubs, the forward is keen to stake his claim for a regular start under Parkinson.

"As far as I know, my immediate future lies at Hull City and I will just look forward to taking the chances when they come," Burgess told the Mail.

"It's not unsettled me in any way. If anything, it's flattering to know that other clubs are interested in me.

"I don't think the manager wants to get rid of me, that much seems clear but I've got to get on with it and take what ever chances come my way. I just want to play as much football as I can.

No doubt that's McGhee's fault as well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
fozzie's headband said:

He is gonna so regret that, when we are playing the final in March, and he is cup-tied. :)

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Insider said the other day that MM is very hopeful of signing a striker before deadline day. Is Burgess the one he is very hopeful of signing or is it someone else?
Anyone got any ideas?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
fozzie's headband said:
Insider said the other day that MM is very hopeful of signing a striker before deadline day. Is Burgess the one he is very hopeful of signing or is it someone else?
Anyone got any ideas?

don't get excited , we wont sign anyone

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
f*** off then Big Ben, we can now turn our attentions to ...:blush: err who can we turn our attentions to now??? :lolol:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
From what MM is saying / implying he has an agrement with Hull that should they sign the player that they want, then we will be getting Big Ben. You cannot expect Burgess to come out and say when the gaffer signs someone else I am off to Brighton, the Hull fans would slate him.

However this is what MM is implying, it could all be the same bollocks that we have heard before.

Why are we bothering to try to sign this mythical 20 goal a season target man, who is quite obviously out of our financial reach.
Why not go for a leftback? A much more achievable position to fill and neccesary for the team too.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Burgess latest

DAMANCLAY said:
Well im not wrong am I?
But don't you get bored of saying we've got no chance of signing anyone whenever we're linked with a player? Personally I still think we've got a chance of signing Burgess.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
fozzie's headband said:
Anyone got any ideas?

I think its a target man, one for the future too!

:clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After a year of not being able to attract a decent LB or targetman I would be ecstatic if we could fill either position and I don't much care which tbh

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Burgess latest

Silent Bob said:
But don't you get bored of saying we've got no chance of signing anyone whenever we're linked with a player? Personally I still think we've got a chance of signing Burgess.

I dont think I have, have I? I thought we had a chance with Dichio, maybe Shipperley, Burgess not too long ago, GNW. Ive just gotten bored of having all these names chucked in that are clearly not going anywhere.

Icy Gull said:
After a year of not being able to attract a decent LB or targetman I would be ecstatic if we could fill either position and I don't much care which tbh

Like you I would be ecstactic also, but I think that signing a left back is more achievable. A goalscoring targetman is much more sought after on the transfer market by other clubs than leftbacks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here