Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burgess latest

Icy Gull said:
f*** off then Big Ben, we can now turn our attentions to ...:blush: err who can we turn our attentions to now??? :lolol:

Gifton Noel-Williams had 35 minutes on Saturday. It was the featured game on the Championship and the limited highlights showed him getting the better of the Wolves centre-backs a couple of times.

My bottom line is that if we get nowhere with Burgess, Dichio and co. by the transfer deadline, then we should swallow our worries about GNW's knees and sign him.

We will simply not make the top 6 this season without a targetman of his calibre, the last couple of games has indicated that.

If we don't sign a targetman by the deadline, it is a clear indication that the board are settling for top 10/decent midtable.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not really.I would call it conning the fans and that there wasn't any cash there in the first place.Surely there must be a half decent target man in leage 2 who we could sign.Why keep going after championship players who we simply don't have a chance of getting?

Last edited:

algie said:
Surely there must be a half decent target man in leage 2 who we could sign.
Not if they under contract we can't. How much did League 2's Nathan Tyson cost again? Clubs who have players who are good enough to propel us into League 1 play-offs are going to want a lot of cash and I don't blame them. Just as we will want a lot of money from CKR if any Championship clubs come calling.

Last edited:

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Rusco said:
I think you missed my point, I don't think Harding was a decent left back. So the real answer would have been we haven't had a decent left back since "Insert Name" left

Bernie Gallagher.

marvellous scenes :clap2:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
London Irish said:
Not if they under contract we can't. How much did League 2's Nathan Tyson cost again? Clubs who have players who are good enough to propel us into League 1 play-offs are going to want a lot of cash and I don't blame them. Just as we will want a lot of money from CKR is any Championship clubs come calling.

Is Tyson a target man;) Natural strikers are worth more then target man.What about Hull's Parkin?He came from league 2 and cost around 200k.So they are out there.By the way L1,Parkin of Hull is a decent player who they call the beast

Last edited:

algie said:
Is Tyson a target man;) Natural strikers are worth more then target man.What about Hull's Parkin?He came from league 2 and cost around 200k.So they are out there.By the way L1,Parkin of Hull is a decent player who they call the beast

Agreed, leading scorer in the Champ at the mo, or was. Luton got Steve Howard cheaply too a few years ago, there are always some good buys out there, it's just that there are a lot of clubs chasing them and the odds on us getting a bargain are small.

That's why I favour GNW, we could see how well he slotted into our team, many other managers with less direct experience of the player will hang off a buy because of the risks. That's a sort of first-mover advantage we have.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
algie said:
Natural strikers are worth more then target man.

what about Thompson of Linfield? scored a load of goals for them last season (30+) I know the Irish leagues nothing special but must be worth a look

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
the wanderbus said:
what about Thompson of Linfield? scored a load of goals for them last season (30+) I know the Irish leagues nothing special but must be worth a look

Good call, I've never seen him play but worth a look. Reading got Doyle and another fella from the Irish leagues last summer for approx £80k, look at them now. Certainly should be one or two over there who can do a job at this level.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
crodonilson said:
Good call, I've never seen him play but worth a look. Reading got Doyle and another fella from the Irish leagues last summer for approx £80k, look at them now. Certainly should be one or two over there who can do a job at this level.

Who was that Irish player we were linked with last season?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is about time we started signing Irish players again, we have had quite a few decent ones down the years, come on Albion you know it makes sense.

Some of the names that come to mind: Ryan, Robinson, McCarthy, Nelson (Sammy), Howlett, Armstrong.....etc, etc...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Steve Penny?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Gully said:
It is about time we started signing Irish players again, we have had quite a few decent ones down the years, come on Albion you know it makes sense.

Some of the names that come to mind: Ryan, Robinson, McCarthy, Nelson (Sammy), Howlett, Armstrong.....etc, etc...

Lawrenson.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
British Bulldog said:
Who was that Irish player we were linked with last season?
Jason Bryne.

crodonilson said:
Reading got Doyle and another fella from the Irish leagues last summer for approx £80k, look at them now.
The other fella was Shane Long, I think we should try and get him on loan as he is not going to get into their first team this season and needs games. :clap:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Southover Street Seagull said:
What about gettiing someone on loan from Arsenal, we are supposed to have links with them?

They charge for the privilege.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here