Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley - Now a Hero. Vicente still a villain.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
This is a classic case of previous moronic posters hurling abuse at injured players who have arrived this season. A short time ago, a minority wanted Buckley gone, saying he was a "sicknote", "waste of money" etc.... and now he looks like he's a one man army ready to take on anybody. Fantastic.

These exact same morons are still willing to vilify Vicente for exactly the same reason knowing full well he came to us with injuries in the first place. A gamble yes, but one im sure every brighton fan would have accepted knowing how good he can be when fit. This guy is still obviously having problems but the impatient moronic minority cannot accept this and will carry on persecuting.

I wonder if these same fans will cheer Vicente when he returns and show what two faced cretins they really are.

How many will own up to thinking buckely was a shit buy prior to his return??? I'll tell you how many - None!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well it was Buckley himself in the programme who said "im benefitting from playing more regularly, any player will tell you that you need a few 90mins under your belt to get match fitness and sharpness"

Wise words Will. If only Vicunte had the same opinion.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
vincente will be quality WHEN he is fit again , i just hope he's not rinsing the club out in the mean time , he must have been taken on a payp basis surely ........don't really understand why he can't get fit either , as i have said before on here , chiropractors are the guys to get involved with hamstring/pelvic injuries...........not personal trainers.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is Vicente able to play 90 minutes? I assume it's not his choice that he's not playing, and you're calling him a c**t? Unbelievable.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I am not sure that many did call Buckley a sicknote or a waste of money, if they did they obviously haven't watched the games that he has played in. Certainly been said about Vicente, Hoskins, Lua Lua but Buckley?? Even when getting back to fitness and Buckley has come on for the last 15 minutes and he has looked quality.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I will happily post on here admitting to being a two faced cretin if Vicente starts and plays more than two games in a row for the Albion alas I fear that this is unlikely. And I think labelling some of us impatient is a bit much considering his last game was back in October and we keep getting told he is nearly fit, thats taking the piss in my book.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And the apologists begin...

Why do you believe this ridiculous conspiracy theory? You understand that your viewpoint makes ZERO sense, right?

Why would he not stay in Spain?
on much better money?
in much better weather?
in a country he can speak the language of?
and a culture he's comfortable in?

Unless you can answer all those questions comfortably, your argument falls down.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Well it was Buckley himself in the programme who said "im benefitting from playing more regularly, any player will tell you that you need a few 90mins under your belt to get match fitness and sharpness"

Absolutely you need game time to get the benefits but if you are simply going to risk more injury by playing then you cannot get game time. You have to be fit to play, not play to be fit!

Your a fool if you think Vicente doesnt want to play! Just because he hasnt stated it in the programme doesnt mean he doesnt want to play. ridiculous!

Oh, your spelling of Vicente really does you justice. Well done!!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
People should stop whining on about players.

So far this season, these have all been proven to be stupid statements;
  • Barnes is useless
  • Brez is a clown
  • Buckley is a sicknote

The other two obvious ones
  • Harley is rubbish
  • Vicente is a waste of money

IMO Harley is settling into the squad and even though he doesn't dive in and kick people six feet into the air, I think he has a role and against Newcastle he was calm and brought other people into the team.

Vicente is different however. NOBODY knows what deal/contract he has been brought in on, so most (if not all) of what they are saying is a GUESS.

I have it on pretty good authority that maintaining fitness is a problem for him and it is not "all in his head".

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I will happily post on here admitting to being a two faced cretin if Vicente starts and plays more than two games in a row for the Albion alas I fear that this is unlikely. And I think labelling some of us impatient is a bit much
Nothing wrong with being impatient. Being pissed of he's not played is understandable. But unless you have inside knowledge that's it's because he can't be bothered, I don't see how people can blame him for being injured. Shall we have a go at Elphick too?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I am not sure that many did call Buckley a sicknote or a waste of money, if they did they obviously haven't watched the games that he has played in. Certainly been said about Vicente, Hoskins, Lua Lua but Buckley?? Even when getting back to fitness and Buckley has come on for the last 15 minutes and he has looked quality.

Trawl through the previous threads Birdie and youll find plenty especially when he done his hamstring for the second time in a few games.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm not villifying Vicente but I think the Club need to sit down with him and ask him truthfully, whether he feels he will be able to contribute to our Season.

If not then we should ask him to tear up his contract, as I think he said at the time of joining he doesn't need the money.

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
vincente will be quality WHEN he is fit again , i just hope he's not rinsing the club out in the mean time , he must have been taken on a payp basis surely ........don't really understand why he can't get fit either , as i have said before on here , chiropractors are the guys to get involved with hamstring/pelvic injuries...........not personal trainers.

Who !

mugstud

Jan 28, 2012
I'm praying that Vicente isn't turning into Justin Fashanu mark II. I mean in terms of the excitement caused by his signing and then hardly ever playing for us, not suggesting he is gay.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I will happily post on here admitting to being a two faced cretin if Vicente starts and plays more than two games in a row for the Albion alas I fear that this is unlikely. And I think labelling some of us impatient is a bit much considering his last game was back in October and we keep getting told he is nearly fit, thats taking the piss in my book.

Exactly, you are being told he's nearly fit. He's not said a word. Blame the club for a lack of proper information dont take it out on the player. I assume you thought Elphick and El Abd were piss takers too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here