Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brokeback Mountain - today's dilemna

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This won best film and best director at the Golden Globes last night. It is about 2 homosexual cowboys who fight to deny their feelings for each other. Its meant to be a very good piece of work and extremely moving but would the hard men of NSC go and see a film with this topic or stick to the latest Van Diesel project.

Anyone seen it or going to see it ?.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Uncle Spielberg said:
This won best film and best director at the Golden Globes last night. It is about 2 homosexual cowboys who fight to deny their feelings for each other. Its meant to be a very good piece of work and extremely moving but would the hard men of NSC go and see a film with this topic or stick to the latest Van Diesel project.

Anyone seen it or going to see it ?.

Vin Diesel for me. His pecs are just to die for.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Not bothered either way. Worked with homosexuals for the last 20+ years, and funnily enough not one of them fancied me.:down: They don't have a funny smell (well, not always), and they don't squeak when they walk (apart from Alan, and technically he works with my wife, not me).

If it's a good film, then it's a good film.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think it's a bit sad that you are considering not going because of some content about a homosexual relationship.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am not saying I won;t see it I am asking whether the hard men of NSC would get in a queue to see it.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
I am not saying I won;t see it I am asking whether the hard men of NSC would get in a queue to see it.

Who are these 'hard men'? Oh in fact, don't tell me, I'll only find some way of trying to insult you.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was having a pop at the hard men of NSC, Chappers , its called irony, look it up.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Uncle Spielberg said:

You didn't say we had to QUEUE?! I'm too hard to queue, obviously. Or, being hard, I would wait until my mate had a pirate copy down the market, and buy it from him. Not in the same box, you understand, we'd have to put in in an "Ultimate Fight Championship" cover.

Yep, course I would. :rolleyes:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
fecking insult me if you want its the least I expect now. I just wish I was as perfect as you but alas I can never be

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Certainly not a cinema jobbie for me. I might have a sniff when its out on DVD I suppose, but I can't say its GRABBED me.

I'm having a bit of a DVD-fest tonight as it goes. First on the agenda is Serenity, followed by The Descent, and I might just round things off with either Dark Water or The Wedding Crashers. Bombay Mix and beer at the ready.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Easy 10 said:
Certainly not a cinema jobbie for me. I might have a sniff when its out on DVD I suppose, but I can't say its GRABBED me.

I'm having a bit of a DVD-fest tonight as it goes. First on the agenda is Serenity, followed by The Descent, and I might just round things off with either Dark Water or The Wedding Crashers. Bombay Mix and beer at the ready.

Serenity is :thumbsup:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I think it's a bit sad that you are considering not going because of some content about a homosexual relationship.

He will not go as Spielberg has not directed it and it is not revolving around special effects.

The fact it has a plot that he might have to concentrate on is another thing that will put him off.

Garth you missed a classic with the Constant Gardener as well.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am in a fecking bad mood and in no frame of mind for your insults today

Easy Wedding Crasher is quite funny and the Descent is good but not as good as Dog Soldiers.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yep the special effects in Schindler's List were great and as for Saving Private Ryan :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here