Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brokeback Mountain - today's dilemna

Dandyman

In London village.
Uncle Spielberg said:
I see you have selected the 1 anti artcile against all the hundreds of positive artciles about the film and decided to believe the 1 negative article ???

Thanks for that

Check imdb - Munich, more balanced views of the film

The film also misses the fact that Mossad killed an innocent waiter thinking he was one of "Black September".

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Easy 10 said:
I'm not sure you should be behaving like that in a cinema, even if she is your wife. I think I'd have left as well.

Was just waiting for that. Knew I could count on someone. Thanks Easy. :lolol:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Uncle Spielberg said:
This won best film and best director at the Golden Globes last night. It is about 2 homosexual cowboys who fight to deny their feelings for each other. Its meant to be a very good piece of work and extremely moving but would the hard men of NSC go and see a film with this topic or stick to the latest Van Diesel project.

Anyone seen it or going to see it ?.

Will I bollox, cant sit ther and watch 2 geezers copping off with eachother. John Wayne will be turning in his grave.

I am though, going to see Munich on Thursday night which I am really looking forward to.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Re: Re: Brokeback Mountain - today's dilemna

chez said:
Will I bollox, it should be banned. I presume it is an 18 so that it cant affect impressionable kids.

Well said that man:thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"or stick to the latest Van Diesel project" - trying to be ironic?

Seeing it Thursday.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Re: Re: Re: Re: Brokeback Mountain - today's dilemna

chez said:
Aye aye geezer. :smokin:

It is almost as bad as that feckin Philidelphia film. Some poof dying of aids and I am supposed to get upset about it:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Don't they make proper films anymore.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you mean Philadelphia?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
or is Philidelphia some underground gay flick you have been watching?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Can I just say I don't want to go and see it coz it looks really boring? Does that make me a homophobe? Much rather go and see Jarhead. Even if it has got that fecking bender Donnie Darko in it!:angry:

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brokeback Mountain - today's dilemna

chez said:
Classic quote. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Thought young Mrs Truman was going to sack me for that one:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: If only I had known that she was Bi before I said it:shootself :lolol:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Les Biehn said:
Can I just say I don't want to go and see it coz it looks really boring?

I'm with you. I'm sure Turgenev, Tolstoy and Dostevski were superb writers but you wont catch me reading that before bed. Same with this film - I'm sure it good if that's what floats your boat but I'd rather see cowboys shoot the shit out of each other, Bang the local whore, wipe his knob on the curtain before shooting the Sheriff. Not the Sheriffs badge.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Les Biehn said:
Can I just say I don't want to go and see it coz it looks really boring? Does that make me a homophobe? Much rather go and see Jarhead. Even if it has got that fecking bender Donnie Darko in it!:angry:

Saw Jarhead last night. Definitely worth a look I'd say.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I saw it last week.

Lots of stunning mountain scenery, for which the Wyoming Tourist Board are no doubt grateful. It's decent enough, but IMHO people should get over the whole "gay cowboy" thing, and just see it for what it is, a bit of an old fashioned love story type film.

If you don't like romantic films anyway, I'd advise you not to bother. But don't bypass it purely because it features a couple of blokes! There's no mincing, or dancing to I Will Survive, or pink sequinned hotpants, so your manliness won't feel too threatened. There were loads of straight men in the cinema watching it, even if their girlfriends made them.

Personally, I thought it was pretty good, but a bit long.

Strangest thing was, I went to see it in Crawley, and expected the cinema to be empty, with all the local chavs out seeing The Fast & The Extremely Stupid But Still Furious Part 12 or some such. But the place was packed out.

Clearly I seriously underestimated the sensitive nature of Crawley folk :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here