Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's worst keepers

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Growing up I remember liking nicky rust, mark ormerod and perry digweed, but since hanging out on here there seems to be a sense that they are not particularly well thought of.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The guy that fell over when we lost 4-2 against Gillingham in 2002-03, looking back now, it was hilarious.

Petterson , although Smith is an equally good shout - as is Poke

Henderson did alright bar the mishap at Bournemouth.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Graeme Smith had pretty much no redeeming aspects to his game. Woeful

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Smith
Walton
McKenna
Brezovan
Ankergren

I did wonder how long it would take you to turn your "innocent" thread into another opportunity to slag our current keepers...................I'm guessing you have your next comments already prepared???

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Who was the lad who waited ages for his debut and then got it in the cup at Withers at home to Preston only to let a simple catch go straight through his hands?

Henderson wasn't awful but he had no wrists. He seemed incapable of turning a shot wide. Everything came straight back out.

In no way should Rust or Ormerod be on the list. Both decent young keepers but forced to learn behind crap defences.

I have to say that the recently released Gonzalez looked pretty poor to me.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Any mention of Brezovan or Ankergren is clearly trolling, don't rise to it.

Graeme Smith has to be the worst, considering he shipped an average of what, 3? 4 maybe? Per game. Incredible. Wayne Henderson a notable second. Rubbish goalkeepers, the pair of them. On the plus side for Henderson, he was amazing at Palace in the 1-0. It's just a shame it was a perfectly timed complete and utter fluke.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Growing up I remember liking nicky rust, mark ormerod and perry digweed, but since hanging out on here there seems to be a sense that they are not particularly well thought of.
I liked Rust and Ormerod as well. Especially Rust. Don't care what anyone says. :moo:

Graeme Smith is tough to beat, he was like an outfield player that had gone in goal. Not in a good, Gus wants the keeper to be able to play way.
The other one that springs to mind is David Yelldell, but he only played about two games and was alright in one of them.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
All I remember about Nicky Rust was when he kicked it out it would nearly always bend out for a throw-in.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
While he played a part in some comical blunders Petterson did have have some good games. Smith on the other hand was always utter shite and never once looked competent. Joke keeper.

I did wonder how long it would take you to turn your "innocent" thread into another opportunity to slag our current keepers...................I'm guessing you have your next comments already prepared???

It is only my opinion from what I've seen. Brez and Casper have made some fab saves but over all in my view they are not the best keepers we have had and figure in my worst selection.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here