Well done Henderson!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
See-Goals said:
Irelands number 3.

Paddy Kenny is number 2.

Everyone prefers Kuipers apart from the man in charge as usual.

What rubbish! I think that the majority of fans realise that Kuipers is past his best due to too many injuries and that Henderson is better. Personally, if Kuipers is recalled I would get behind him but obviously some people cannot do that when it is the other way round.

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
but why has someone been given the number 1 shirt before pre-season training. It's a good way to dis-courage any other goal keepers to be honest. Magoo should wait until the start of the season, and then decide on who it should be from what he has seen in training.

Cos' to be honest, although Hendo is young he did cost us alot of games last season.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
isnt it something to do with printing on the shirts and also the squad numbers have to be registered with the FA

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
garry nelsons left foot said:
Why has a thread been made on Henderson being given the number one shirt? Was anyone doubting he was the first choice keeper?

Thats a good point as our kiddie goalies are not going to be 1 and with Kuipers out of favour that only leaves Hendo.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
See-Goals said:
Irelands number 3.

Paddy Kenny is number 2.

The sooner Kuipers goes the better. Why does eveyone hate Leon Knight for acting like a Twat, yet when Kuipers acts like a spoilt child you seem to think he's a hero. Kuipers is a good keeper no doubt about it, but hes not in the same class as Henderson.

If Kuipers is that good, why is he still on the transfer list????
WHy hasn't a Championship, Division 1, Division 2 side come in for him?

Could it be ability. Could it be attitude. Or could it be that he can't go more than a couple of months without picking up some long term injury?

My guess it's all three.

As I say the sooner he's gone, the better. If Henderson gets injuired and the youngsters aren't ready, we could always loan someone in couldn't we?!?!?

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
only1robbiereinalt said:
but why has someone been given the number 1 shirt before pre-season training. It's a good way to dis-courage any other goal keepers to be honest. Magoo should wait until the start of the season, and then decide on who it should be from what he has seen in training.

Cos' to be honest, although Hendo is young he did cost us alot of games last season.
Because Henderson is the only senior keeper at the club, and is the first choice keeper. Who else would you give the number one shirt to? Kuipers won't even train with the first team, and will never play for us again all the time McGhee in charge.. Personally I wouldn't even the xxxx a squad number.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I wanted to think of the coming season as maybe the Albion can start with a clean slate as in player/manager fallout's, Not a chance with McGhee's quote in the Argus today.

Kuipers will also not be training with the main group following his well-publicised fall-out last season with manager Mark Mcghee.
"Nothing has changed," McGhee said. "I am sure he is disappointed I'm still here."

For some strange reason I don't think it's just Kuipers that's disappointed your still here McGhee.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
See-Goals said:
Irelands number 3.

Paddy Kenny is number 2.

Henderson has been the keeper on the bench for Ireland's last two internationals and has been brought on in both.

I'd say that makes him the current number 2.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
not that im trying to disagree with anyone but in todays argus theres a picture of hendo and kuipers and kuipers is wearing a training top with No. 1 on it. i think it was last seasons training gear but surely they would have the new stuff for the start of pre-season wouldn't they which would suggest that kuipers has been given the no1 shirt again.

im confused now!

:(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ali_jenkins123 said:
surely they would have the new stuff for the start of pre-season wouldn't they :(

probably not

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Mr Burns said:
The sooner Kuipers goes the better. Why does eveyone hate Leon Knight for acting like a Twat, yet when Kuipers acts like a spoilt child you seem to think he's a hero. Kuipers is a good keeper no doubt about it, but hes not in the same class as Henderson.

If Kuipers is that good, why is he still on the transfer list????
WHy hasn't a Championship, Division 1, Division 2 side come in for him?

Could it be ability. Could it be attitude. Or could it be that he can't go more than a couple of months without picking up some long term injury?

My guess it's all three.

As I say the sooner he's gone, the better. If Henderson gets injuired and the youngsters aren't ready, we could always loan someone in couldn't we?!?!?

I think you have got that 100% spot on

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
chez said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Surely you're joking. Not a legend yet true, but miles better than Kuipers.

Your the one whos joking.What the f*** has he done so far compared to Kuipers?His handling is pants.He has a long way to go to eclispe the Ducthman

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
jonny.rainbow said:
Henderson has been the keeper on the bench for Ireland's last two internationals and has been brought on in both.

I'd say that makes him the current number 2.
Ahead of Premiership 'keepers Paddy Kenny and Graham Stack :clap: :clap: :clap:

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
In My Honest Opinion, he is a fantastic young keeper, he has a few creases in his game that nothing but a few full season in between the sticks behind the same defence will not iron out. I am pleased as he is a fantastic keeper, although with less mistakes made like last year (against watford and crewe to name but a few) he will be quality, and is one foothold in the ladder out of the league we are in now.

Kuipers is a LEGEND however. This is UNDOUBTABLE FACT.:clap2:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Kuipers will never play for McGhee again. The story I heard was they had a massive training ground row and Kuipers told McGhee at least he would be at the club next season, as a director had told him McGhee was getting the boot.

gong

Oct 13, 2003
T/Wells
McGhee :dunce: obviously rates Henderson and we all know he's never wrong.
The FDM is a far better keeper but because he stood up to the :jester: he was left to rot, but he wants to play for us and hopefully he will regain his rightful number as Brightons real number one he deserves it. Henderson is adequate cover for the FDM nothing more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here