Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's Number 1

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
I think Hendo had potential but didnt really fulfill it last season and ended up costing us games. I still think he has quality but at the moment isn't as solid as our triple promotion winning Dutchman.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
British Bulldog said:
I wanted to think of the coming season as maybe the Albion can start with a clean slate as in player/manager fallout's, Not a chance with McGhee's quote in the Argus today.

Kuipers will also not be training with the main group following his well-publicised fall-out last season with manager Mark Mcghee.
"Nothing has changed," McGhee said. "I am sure he is disappointed I'm still here."

For some strange reason I don't think it's just Kuipers that's disappointed your still here McGhee.

McGhee really is a f***ing child.

I'm certainly no Kuipers fan; I rated Roberts higher than him, and likewise now with Henderson. However, that's an appalling way to treat someone who's been with the club so long. I'd also hoped McGhee would have made an attempt to bury the hachet with Kuipers - had he shown such maturity, I'd be inclined to start afresh with regards to his management of the club.

Sadly, though, he clearly hasn't changed. Expect plenty more fallouts ahead.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Well done Hendo, and he has a delightful girlfriend too, he should be feeling very satisfied with himself. Please keep at least 20 clean sheets next season.

Repugnant Toad said:
McGhee really is a f***ing child.

I'm certainly no Kuipers fan; I rated Roberts higher than him, and likewise now with Henderson. However, that's an appalling way to treat someone who's been with the club so long. I'd also hoped McGhee would have made an attempt to bury the hachet with Kuipers - had he shown such maturity, I'd be inclined to start afresh with regards to his management of the club.

Sadly, though, he clearly hasn't changed. Expect plenty more fallouts ahead.

Couldn't agree with you more. I slighly favoured Henderson over Kuipers when he first started last season due to his better distribution. But as the season went on he came down to our poor level. But I can't see how some people can blame Henderson for us going down, it collective, thw whole team were at fault and number one problem was/is McGhee.
Perhaps Mr Wilkins can help McGhee to grow up a bit?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Exactly, would you blame the Rotherham keeper Pollitt for them getting relegated the season before last, I wouldn't and look how well he played for Wigan in the Premiership.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Southover Street Seagull said:
Couldn't agree with you more. I slighly favoured Henderson over Kuipers when he first started last season due to his better distribution. But as the season went on he came down to our poor level. But I can't see how some people can blame Henderson for us going down, it collective, thw whole team were at fault and number one problem was/is McGhee.
Perhaps Mr Wilkins can help McGhee to grow up a bit?

I rate both Hendo and Kuipers as good keepers who can both do a job for the Albion.

Just a shame McGhee can't keep his ego under control and keep away from the press.

Maybe a Man Management course would help.

Well I suppose this will give me several potential chances to see if Henderson plays a decent game, because I have yet to see that.

The only thing is, I'm in no hurry to watch BHA play, after that last game of the season where they took the piss out of me for going to watch them with nothing to play for except........ the fans.

My response to that is,"you can stick it Brighton and Hove Albion".

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He still needs to improve to make the top ten Albion keepers in my book.

Albaman

Equatorial Splitter
Apr 22, 2006
Singapore lah
Not surprising Hendo's been given #1 shirt, hope that he gets a fair chance from fans. I like Kuipers too - but dont believe in picking on Hendo coz he's not in the team !!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
British Bulldog said:
I wanted to think of the coming season as maybe the Albion can start with a clean slate as in player/manager fallout's, Not a chance with McGhee's quote in the Argus today.

Kuipers will also not be training with the main group following his well-publicised fall-out last season with manager Mark Mcghee.
"Nothing has changed," McGhee said. "I am sure he is disappointed I'm still here."

For some strange reason I don't think it's just Kuipers that's disappointed your still here McGhee.

Just when I was coming around to Mcghee slightly and thinking maybe I was a little harsh he says this.

Clown.

What If Hendo and one of the youth team get an injury - Kuipers wont want to play/sit on the bench under Mcghee.

Kinky Gerbils said:
What If Hendo and one of the youth team get an injury - Kuipers wont want to play/sit on the bench under Mcghee.
The we'll get a loan keeper, the recent record is a World Cup keeper, Blayney and Hendo, all better than some injury-prone plotter who went on strike rather than help us out in a relegation battle and who we now seem to be stuck with because no other bloody league club wants him.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
The we'll get a loan keeper, the recent record is a World Cup keeper, Blayney and Hendo, all better than some injury-prone plotter who went on strike rather than help us out in a relegation battle and who we now seem to be stuck with because no other bloody league club wants him.

Guess so.

To be honest ive never been a big fan of Kuipers ahead of others but I do think after going down it was a chance to let by gones be by gones.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Kinky Gerbils said:
Just when I was coming around to Mcghee slightly and thinking maybe I was a little harsh he says this.

Clown.

Would prefer to see Kuipers still here and McGhee not even having to make those decisions to be honest.

For a manager who come very close to losing his job a while ago McGhee just does'nt seem to have learned any lessons at all.

Kinky Gerbils said:
but I do think after going down it was a chance to let by gones be by gones.
That could only happen if Kuipers recognises the right of the manager to pick the team - he doesn't, so he can't be part of the squad. It would be the same anywhere at any other football team.

I am just hoping he doesn't sit there taking the piss for the rest of the season refusing any reasonable transfers because he is on decent money here.

Right now I actually think I dislike Kuipers more than Leon Knight. As to give Leon credit for something, when everyone including himself knew the game was up for him here, at least he organised himself to get off our wages bill toot sweet rather than hang around like a bad smell.

Kinky Gerbils said:
Would be very interesting to see if the board would let Kuipers go.

Managers don't put players on transfers lists, they can only request that they are put there, chairman/the board put players on transfer lists.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Franks Wild Years said:
Stop going on about Kuipers people. He was great for us, but thats the past. Hendo is the present and the future(either as our keeper or as an asset) so lets get behind him. Nice one Wayne keep up (out) the good work.

Why is he the past, he's still here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here