Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's Number 1

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
That could only happen if Kuipers recognises the right of the manager to pick the team - he doesn't, so he can't be part of the squad. It would be the same anywhere at any other football team.

I am just hoping he doesn't sit there taking the piss for the rest of the season refusing any reasonable transfers because he is on decent money here.

Right now I actually think I dislike Kuipers more than Leon Knight. As to give Leon credit for something, when everyone including himself knew the game was up for him here, at least he organised himself to get off our wages bill toot sweet rather than hang around like a bad smell.

Managers don't put players on transfers lists, they can only request that they are put there, chairman/the board put players on transfer lists.

I know how it works, I was just suggest if the board would be behind Mcghees wishes to let Kuipers go on the transfer list knowing he is under pressure and Kuipers is loved by most fans and I would assume players.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So what happens come Xmas when we are sitting mid table, thanks to some McGhee genius but for some reason he is still here, and a bid comes in for Henderson, who takes over in the net? Why can't Mcghee see it would be 100% better to have Kuipers fighting for No.1 shirt rather than basically taking his petty little arguments with players ahead of the good of the club.

1066gull

Henderson won't leave us in the window....

Although I am confident Henderson will be valued at least £500,000 by the time a bigger club want him.

Another good bit of business by McGhee, and hate to say it though. It must be because he worked with Sir Alex and just cannot stop producing talent.

Of course he has made mistakes, but so has Sir Alex with Djemba Djemba....

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Rookie said:
So what happens come Xmas when we are sitting mid table, thanks to some McGhee genius but for some reason he is still here, and a bid comes in for Henderson, who takes over in the net? Why can't Mcghee see it would be 100% better to have Kuipers fighting for No.1 shirt rather than basically taking his petty little arguments with players ahead of the good of the club.

It would be good to have them both battling it out for the no. 1 jersey, but are we not aware that Kuipers went on strike and behaved unprofessionally. If he has not apologised and recognises that McGhee is the man in charge then I wouldn't want him on the payroll.

Don't get me wrong. I love Kuipers and he was an exceptional keeper for us, but the manager/players/board/fans deserve a little repsect from him.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
jonny.rainbow said:
Best keeper we've had since Keeley. IMO.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Better than Mark Beeney????

Henderson couldn't catch a cold let alone a cross. I'd even have Mark Cartwright ahead of the flapper we have in goal at the moment. His inability to control his defence and command his area was the reason why we conceded so many goals last year.

The only reason why he is Ireland's third choice is purely because they have no one else better. It's like with the England situation and the fact that Calamity James is our bext back up GK!!!

London Irish said:
The we'll get a loan keeper, the recent record is a World Cup keeper, Blayney and Hendo, all better than some injury-prone plotter who went on strike rather than help us out in a relegation battle and who we now seem to be stuck with because no other bloody league club wants him.

What do you mean went on strike? Are you talking about the incident at Southampton? How is Kuipers a plotter?

Why when there are training ground/team selection bust ups does McGhee react so badly against the players concerned?

How can you think that Kuipers is worse than Leon Knight? Are you under the impression that Knight left us as he thought it was best for both parties? I don't think so, Leon Knight only thinks about one person-himself!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Re: Brighton's Number 1

supaseagull said:
The only reason why he is Ireland's third choice is purely because they have no one else better.
Thanks for clearing that one up! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

He's their second choice btw.

Last edited:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Re: Re: Re: Brighton's Number 1

Silent Bob said:
Thanks for clearing that one up! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

He's their second choice btw.

Christ, the RoI are in deeper shit than I thought then! No wonder they no longer qualify for any of the major tournaments!! :lolol:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Adriodinho said:
Another good bit of business by McGhee, and hate to say it though. It must be because he worked with Sir Alex and just cannot stop producing talent.

McGhee didn't "produce" Henderson in any sense. He came through the ranks at Villa.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
See-Goals said:
Irelands number 3.

Paddy Kenny is number 2.

Everyone prefers Kuipers apart from the man in charge as usual.

Stanno doesn't like Kenny, and I don't think he's going to play again under him, so its safe to say Hendo is number 2 now.

supaseagull said:

The only reason why he is Ireland's third choice is purely because they have no one else better.

No, we have Paddy Kenny. However, see above for why he's not number 2.

I also think Hendo's little brother is on the U-18's panel as GK now :p

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
People need to realise that the way the Albion defended on the edge off the box last seaon put almost constant pressure on us, Henderson kept us in more than a few games. The fact that keepers are a focal point only highlights any mistakes that are made. My opinion is that given time to work on taking crosses he will be a VERY good keeper, & dont forget age is on his side.

Repugnant Toad said:
McGhee didn't "produce" Henderson in any sense. He came through the ranks at Villa.
Oh for god's sake :lolol:

McGhee tracked him for the best part, in fact, maybe over, a year. He wanted to get him even before Shaaban, Yelldell and Blayney arrived, but it was only loan bureaucracy that stopped him.

He fought for his man long and hard and got him.

If you can't give him credit for even that, you have lost any sense of fair-mindedness totally.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Oh for god's sake :lolol:

McGhee tracked him for the best part, in fact, maybe over, a year. He wanted to get him even before Shaaban, Yelldell and Blayney arrived, but it was only loan bureaucracy that stopped him.

He fought for his man long and hard and got him.

If you can't give him credit for even that, you have lost any sense of fair-mindedness totally.

I cant believe you are trying to claim Mcghee should take credit for the development of another clubs youth team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Just when I was coming around to Mcghee slightly and thinking maybe I was a little harsh he says this.

Clown.

What If Hendo and one of the youth team get an injury - Kuipers wont want to play/sit on the bench under Mcghee.

Well now you can get back to revising your opinion again :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here