Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brightons Most Under rated Player

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I really liked Ian Culverhouse and Clive Walker but maybe because they were veterans the crowd never seemed to really warm to them. Walker couldn't believe the stick he got from the Goldstone fans yet he was one of the most cultured players we had.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Kinky Gerbils said:
Jonah anyone?

easily , the ammount of great goals we created down the flank the div 3 & 2 years was incredible

and those who said Pethick , you ARE kidding, he was complete and utter dogshite!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
At the minute Paul Reid - puts 100% in every week, no matter what position he plays :clap: .

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Stuart tuck would still be at the club now if it wasnt for his injury! mayo got a lucky break and still here!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Kuipers

Life After Bobby said:
Plus, he must be the only ex-Brighton player to have played in the Fifa World Club Championship - in Brazil, 2000, for South Melbourne

Clarkie was a dynamo in the South Midfield, even in his mid 30's he ran harder than those 10 years younger.

:bowdown:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Hannibal smith said:
I don't think Coppell rated Henderson - He was out pretty sharpish at Reading.

Its pretty clear that Henderson is the better player but at the time, McPhee played some great stuff in an Albion shirt (Rushden away was the next game where him and Knight were superb). No-one really minded when Henderson went back but I suppose we were all worried about Coppell buggering off.

Different league and they wanted to get Kitson and had Forster.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Paul McCarthy, worked well in defence with a Steve Foster on his swansong, I think you might get the same response from Wycombe fans about a hard working and honest defender. I was disappointed when he left us as I believed that his best years were still ahead of him, I think he may have stayed with Wycombe until he finished playing, another candidate for the where is he now thread.

Gully said:
Paul McCarthy, worked well in defence with a Steve Foster on his swansong, I think you might get the same response from Wycombe fans about a hard working and honest defender. I was disappointed when he left us as I believed that his best years were still ahead of him, I think he may have stayed with Wycombe until he finished playing, another candidate for the where is he now thread.

He's been playing for Gravesend & Northfleet since the end of 2004. Signed from Hornchurch

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
pishhead said:
Craig maskall he used to be slated, but at home towards the 96/97 season at home him and baird were unplayable at home against some sides who were at the top of the league like wigan and cardiff, backed up by storer and mcdonald on the wings with minton and kerry in midfield!!

Yes!

I always (probably quite rightly) get castigated when I mention Maskell, but scoring 15-odd goals for a side that finished second-bottom of div three was no mean feat I always thought, especially when it included a hat-trick in THAT game that kept us up on goal difference.

COLIN PATES

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Benny Zamora said:
Yes!

I always (probably quite rightly) get castigated when I mention Maskell, but scoring 15-odd goals for a side that finished second-bottom of div three was no mean feat I always thought, especially when it included a hat-trick in THAT game that kept us up on goal difference .

COLIN PATES
Goals scored. Goal difference would have sent us down.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Chris McPhee and Nicky Rust. Two world class internationals in the making.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Stuart Tuck - I reckon he would have flourished under Adams but unfortunately he got injured at the back end of our Gillingham days and never returned.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I have to laugh at the mention of Chris McPhee and 'world class' in the same sentance.

Anyone attending reserve games on a regular basis over the last few years 'should' tell you that it was like watching a seal in a zoo performing for a wet fish.

He was a trier, but I always felt sorry for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here