Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brightons Most Under rated Player

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Darren Newman.

Again I believe there was an attitude issue, but he seemed to have the talent.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Easy 10 said:
Nobody mentions Larry may any more, but I thought he was one of Lloyds best ever signings. Came in to steady the ship after our horrendous 8-match losing streak at the start of the 88-89 season. No way would we have stayed up that year without him. Shame the injuries caught up with him in the end.

I met him once. Unbelievably tall, I felt like a small child stood next to him. Thoroughly nice bloke, as we chatted for a while, which was good of him because not only was I pissed off my face but we were both stood at the urinals at the time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Life After Bobby said:
Dave Clarkson. He leaves (some dispute with Lloyd i seem to recall), we get relegated.

Good player Clarkson. Also, he had an impossibly good looking blonde Australian gymnast girlfriend!

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Hannibal smith said:
Henderson was crap when he was here. People forget McPhee fairly and squarely got his place in the team ahead of him and he went back to Reading because he was no better than what we already had.

He has obviously improved since he left but I'm amazed he's not at Torquay alongside McPhee.

Rubbish. Henderson was picked for ten gamesfor the Albion as first choice, on each occasion McPhee was on the bench.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Peter Suddaby - a case of 'Peter who?' when we signed him from Blackpool when we were in the old Div 1 in around 1979 - but he helped keep us up - as a result Fozzie played better and allowed Lawrenson to play in midfield

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
London Irish said:
The pregnant question left unanswered is whether Coppell tried to extend Henderson's loan deal. Did he really believe McPhee was better than Henderson, or was he just resigning himself that he was just left with McPhee only and might as well get on and play him?

Or was he just looking forward to rejoining Henderson at Reading :D

I don't think Coppell rated Henderson - He was out pretty sharpish at Reading.

Its pretty clear that Henderson is the better player but at the time, McPhee played some great stuff in an Albion shirt (Rushden away was the next game where him and Knight were superb). No-one really minded when Henderson went back but I suppose we were all worried about Coppell buggering off.

Hannibal smith said:
I don't think Coppell rated Henderson - He was out pretty sharpish at Reading.

Yeah I think you're right - has to go down as an even worse Coppell miss than Virgo.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Craig maskall he used to be slated, but at home towards the 96/97 season at home him and baird were unplayable at home against some sides who were at the top of the league like wigan and cardiff, backed up by storer and mcdonald on the wings with minton and kerry in midfield!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
British Bulldog said:

good shout, although I don't ever recall seeing him play for the Albion. Didn't he go on to be Tranmere's record goalscorer and play most of his football in at least a division above us for most of his career?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here