NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Simon Rodger :bowdown:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
hans kraay fan club said:
Steve Jacobs. Got loads of stick, but worked hard and allowed others to do the fancy stuff.

Absolutey agree with that, I was a big Steve Jacobs fan, but felt like I was the only one.

I'd also throw Dennis Mortimer into a similar category. A lot of his work went unnoticed, but he made the midfield tick. People were saying he'd won his medals and was just after a final pay packet, but I thought we looked a better side with him in there.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Junior Lewis is a great shout, he was fantastic for us, and i was dispointed to see him go. I also thought simon rodger was class, no frills hard tackling player never got the praise.

Also Lee Steele was good, and more of an unsung hero, he and Bobby Z used to partner up so well.

:clap2: :clap2:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Rodders said:
Junior Lewis is a great shout, he was fantastic for us, and i was dispointed to see him go. I also thought simon rodger was class, no frills hard tackling player never got the praise.

Also Lee Steele was good, and more of an unsung hero, he and Bobby Z used to partner up so well.

:clap2: :clap2:

Couldn't agree more about Steele, a complete blunder by Taylor especially as he let that camel Daniel Webb play in his place.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Gritt23 said:
Absolutey agree with that, I was a big Steve Jacobs fan, but felt like I was the only one.

Yeah, put me down as a Jacobs fan too, Brighton's answer to Owen Hargreaves. Another one from a similar era - Giles Stille.

Also, and I can't believe I'm saying this, wish Tony Rougier was still playing for us. Yes he was a total and complete donkey but we just want someone, anyone, to lead the line. All our current forwards look like they'd be brilliant playing off a big front man.

Come back Tony, I'm sorry I laughed at you.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Rodders said:
Also Lee Steele was good
I agree entirely, but no-one - not one person - said so at the time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nobody mentions Larry may any more, but I thought he was one of Lloyds best ever signings. Came in to steady the ship after our horrendous 8-match losing streak at the start of the 88-89 season. No way would we have stayed up that year without him. Shame the injuries caught up with him in the end.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Man of Harveys said:
I agree entirely, but no-one - not one person - said so at the time.

I beg to differ, a lot of people made a big deal of his drink drive ban (he was barely over and got the minimum ban). As such some idiots on here decided he was a drunk. In the light of later events it was pathetic.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lokki 7 said:
I'd agree with Melton and Wicks. Both looked to have real class about them but neither got a decent run in the team and were shipped out. I'd add Nicky Bissett as he seems to be held in fairly low regard but I thought he was the perfect partner for McCarthy and very solid. A young (fit) NB would be a great partner for Lynch now in our central defence.

Wicks wasn't exactly shipped out but 'allowed to go'. He was the swap for the utterly useless David Lee. He was good back in the old Third Division but lost his place through injury. As it was his father (ex Crawley Manager and ex QPR and Chelsea player) Steeve Wicks was his agent and he managed to convince his son he was rather better than he was. Wicks became a back room stirrer and was very unpopular hence him being shipped off to Hull. He made an even bigger ass of himself there and he has now vanished into obscurity. Maybe his tale should be mentioned to a current player.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
geoff pitcher - he could of been class had he of been given a chance

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Scotty M said:
geoff pitcher - he could of been class had he of been given a chance

Could HAVE!!!!!!:lolol:

And actually, i agree.

Oh, and Matt Wicks as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here