Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Wrexham FANS UNITED Scarves Now On Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yep, I think I'm gonna get one too and wear it with pride.. thanks Wrexham

(if nothing else it will confuse the spurs fans)

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I like it. I have just bought one. I will wear it to away games.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Simster said:
Look you dopey clown, someone made the effort to make the pies at Leyton Orient but they're shit too.

Another comedy classic!

:lolol:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Ordered mine and will be proud to wear it. Good efforet for a good cause.

Simster, it isn't shit and your comments are unfair to someone doing his bit to ensure BOTH our clubs survive. I think an apology is called for.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Another good fundraiser.

Well done lads, I know there was some discussion about them, but its nice to see they have actually be made!

I'm sure I'll get one.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
As Wrexham are now in administration and a takeover looks likely early in the new year, where will the money raised by the fighting fund go?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Simster is completely right, and if those responsible for producing these rather underwhelming scarves can't take a bit of criticism then don't advertise them on here. Let's be honest, they're grossly over-sentimental, and if you were given one for Christmas you'd shoot the person responsible.

And as for 'Oh, but he's taken a lot of time and care doing it, be nice to him', John Major took a lot of time trying to run the country but he was shit at it, people should be free to express their genuinely held opinions.

And another thing, I think a lot of people are starting to find this whole 'common cause' thing a bit annoying, even false. No-one really cares too much about Wrexham here, same as no-one really cares about us elsewhere, the obvious reason being they haven't invested emotionally in the same way as a true fan of that club over the years.

Basically clubs and their fans should fight their own battles (including us), and will stand or fall by the strength of their case.

For what it's worth I hope Wrexham pull through, and all other clubs in trouble, but I certainly don't spend too much time worrying about non-Albion club woes - and I suspect a lot of the 'handwringers' on here don't either.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Tooting Gull said:

Basically clubs and their fans should fight their own battles (including us), and will stand or fall by the strength of their case.

I can't believe this comment, we all need help sometimes. Would we be where we are now without Fans United?

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Tooting Gull said:

And another thing, I think a lot of people are starting to find this whole 'common cause' thing a bit annoying, even false. No-one really cares too much about Wrexham here, same as no-one really cares about us elsewhere, the obvious reason being they haven't invested emotionally in the same way as a true fan of that club over the years.

For what it's worth I hope Wrexham pull through, and all other clubs in trouble, but I certainly don't spend too much time worrying about non-Albion club woes - and I suspect a lot of the 'handwringers' on here don't either.

You Twat!!
Fans United..............we are all fans of football, and I for one care very much what happens to Wrexham.
Do not come on this board and speak for me......Quote no one really cares about Wrexham on here.
I would also point out to you that we went cap in hand to every other league team asking for support for Falmer......and in just about every case got it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If you don't like the subject of a thread, don't open it and read it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
attila said:
Simster, rarely would I ever say something like this to a fellow Brighton fan , but f*** OFF YOU ARSEHOLE

Great. So we now have a board where anything diverting from the mainstream PC view of the 'great and the good' on here (yes, that's right Attila - you've become NSC 'establishment') is no longer tolerated, and it's perfectly acceptable to call one of the best and most longstanding posters on here an arsehole for having a negative view about some cheesey scarves. People have been banned for less...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Locky said:
You Twat!!
Fans United..............we are all fans of football, and I for one care very much what happens to Wrexham.
Do not come on this board and speak for me......Quote no one really cares about Wrexham on here.
I would also point out to you that we went cap in hand to every other league team asking for support for Falmer......and in just about every case got it.

You miss the point, which is that we possibly shouldn't have needed to go cap in hand to other clubs in support of Falmer. But since you raise it, where exactly has this 'support' from other clubs got us? We are exactly where we were at the beginning, arguing over the suitability of the site. The need for the stadium is proven beyond doubt.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I am not part of any bloody establishment and will ALWAYS say what I think, to you, Simster, Dick Knight or Bill bloody Archer. To say 'clubs and their fans should fight their own battles' goes against everything which we Albion fans have been
doing for the past ten years - if it hadn't been for the support of other clubs at the Fans United events and many others in subsequent years, where would we be now?

And the reason many of us care so much about Wrexham is because Hamilton is is doing more or less exactly what Archer did and we know exactly how the Wrexham fans feel right now. It's called solidarity!

Too right, I am angry. But I'm not getting into a row on an internet message board. You don't like what I say, you know where I am, come and discuss it face to face!

And to dismiss such an act of solidarity as a joint scarf by saying 'they look shit' -

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tooting Gull said:
You miss the point, which is that we possibly shouldn't have needed to go cap in hand to other clubs in support of Falmer. But since you raise it, where exactly has this 'support' from other clubs got us? We are exactly where we were at the beginning, arguing over the suitability of the site. The need for the stadium is proven beyond doubt.

Part of the original public inquiry was to see if the stadium was in the 'national' interest. 90 clubs backed us with that and that part of the inquiry has been found in our favour.

Petitions letters and flowers were sent out last February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here