Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Northampton

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Think this proves how absolutely quality our defence is. Still just one goal conceded in open play. That is immense.

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
I couldnt go to the game and was just pointing out what somebody listening to the commentary said.

One interesting point which nobody has mentioned is that I have said on NSC that I consider Whings place to be in question because every team has realised our weak area, and so it seems has MA. The team started with a back four that I suggested of Virgo Hawkins Lynch and Richards but then what do I know

i would disagree.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
If its true that players were dropped for not trying (Elphick!?!) then much to BGs chagrin I think Loft has every chance of starting the next league game. Certainly Lynch has given Mickey cause to think again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I couldnt go to the game and was just pointing out what somebody listening to the commentary said.

One interesting point which nobody has mentioned is that I have said on NSC that I consider Whings place to be in question because every team has realised our weak area, and so it seems has MA. The team started with a back four that I suggested of Virgo Hawkins Lynch and Richards but then what do I know

Where was Whing playing, then?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
If its true that players were dropped for not trying (Elphick!?!) then much to BGs chagrin I think Loft has every chance of starting the next league game. Certainly Lynch has given Mickey cause to think again.

Think tonight has proved what we thought, that Lynch and Hawkins is a quality partnership, and I would start with them on Sat. Especially since this was a clean sheet away against a decent start who have had a pretty good start. From what I heard, this was the most "comfortable" clean sheet so far, although that may have something to do with a oppo perhaps not trying, small crowd etc

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

if what he said is true, then i would consider him to have sent out what he felt was his best team tonight. which would also mean that, even without the injury to virgo, the odds on loft starting on saturday will be pretty high

lets just hope the crowd are not as negative as bens grandad, and get behind him rather than waiting to pounce on the first mistake he makes

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
if what he said is true, then i would consider him to have sent out what he felt was his best team tonight. which would also mean that, even without the injury to virgo, the odds on loft starting on saturday will be pretty high

lets just hope the crowd are not as negative as bens grandad, and get behind him rather than waiting to pounce on the first mistake he makes

agreed. give the kid a break.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
HKFC

What do I know very little except got higher marks on the same FA Coaching Course than Jackie Charlton, turned down a job as manager of a club that was given to Peter Taylor but that was all years ago, about 28 actually but you do not lose knowledge. Have been a scout for many years for a league club although not now.

Further more I do not have a hatred of DK I had my differences some years ago but that is now water under the bridge. I think that neither Doug Loft nor Jake Robinson will make it in our team, that is just a personal view. I think that JR has had so many chances and despite having odd good games and moments will not go any higher than being a bit player for us.

For what it is worth I believe that Murray Cox and Lynch could play at a higher level than us and with the right coaching so could Elphick possibly. The rest of the first team are good pros at this level and would hold their own in most teams in this division although I believe that Forster could still do a job at a Championship side, as a back up striker and I would love to have a similar type player as a back up to him and Murray.

Where all this I am anti half the team comes from I do not know.

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
What do I know very little except got higher marks on the same FA Coaching Course than Jackie Charlton, turned down a job as manager of a club that was given to Peter Taylor but that was all years ago, about 28 actually but you do not lose knowledge. Have been a scout for many years for a league club although not now.

Further more I do not have a hatred of DK I had my differences some years ago but that is now water under the bridge. I think that neither Doug Loft nor Jake Robinson will make it in our team, that is just a personal view. I think that JR has had so many chances and despite having odd good games and moments will not go any higher than being a bit player for us.

For what it is worth I believe that Murray Cox and Lynch could play at a higher level than us and with the right coaching so could Elphick possibly. The rest of the first team are good pros at this level and would hold their own in most teams in this division although I believe that Forster could still do a job at a Championship side, as a back up striker and I would love to have a similar type player as a back up to him and Murray.

:shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I´m well looking forward to atching the LOFTmeister in Saturday. I just hope BensGrandad is big enough to come on here and admoit he was wrong afterwards.

He won´t though, just like after Loft´s perfectly decent FIVE minute cameo last week (including one spectacular reverse pass that set up what should have been the winning goal) BG pronounced it ´five minutes too long´, and that Loft ´did nothing´.

Boring, spiteful old man.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Fine.. in which case you know NO memeber of staff of a club should come out by saying a player is the worst you have seen in X number of years for the club. Fine to say Loft and Jake won't make it in the team but no need to get nasty with your comments.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I´m well looking forward to atching the LOFTmeister in Saturday. I just hope BensGrandad is big enough to come on here and admoit he was wrong afterwards.

He won´t though, just like after Loft´s perfectly decent FIVE minute cameo last week (including one spectacular reverse pass that set up what should have been the winning goal) BG pronounced it ´five minutes too long´, and that Loft ´did nothing´.

Boring, spiteful old man.

You`ve been drinking tonight , haven`t you Hansy ?
Its most unlike you to let your standards drop like this.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
You`ve been drinking tonight , haven`t you Hansy ?
Its most unlike you to let your standards drop like this.

i reckon it is the PEDO keyboard

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry Mr Q. I´m on a public PC in a hotel lobby, and the keyboard´s a bit crappy!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
If the team that played today after Virgo's injury is the team to play against Scunthorpe then I am buzzing for the game!

I think Lynch proved today that he is a class player as it seems he had a great game and under the circumstances...

Needed to give Loft a chance and hopefully it will pay off.

Roll on Saturday...!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
If the team that played today after Virgo's injury is the team to play against Scunthorpe then I am buzzing for the game!

I think Lynch proved today that he is a class player as it seems he had a great game and under the circumstances...

Needed to give Loft a chance and hopefully it will pay off.

Roll on Saturday...!

how did they play? I didnt go to the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here